We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
UC review (Again)
Comments
-
Yes, I saw that online, which is what alerted me to my mistake.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.1 -
I did think there were contract workers as I could remember reading the news story you linked to but I couldn't recall the specifics. It's interesting that the DWP are ditching the contract, as posted by HSB. I wonder why that is happening?
0 -
So, the (unsatisfactory) contracted out telephone jockeys / reviewers will still be the same people and will still be getting things wrong.
They are just being "inboarded" so they are employed and paid by the DWP directly instead of the DWP paying a third party to employ/pay them.
In other words the DWP are cutting out the middle man, it's a cost cutting excercise.
From Rightsnet: https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/now/post/72777
Throughout the duration of the contract frustrated members working for DWP on TCRs have told PCS that it wasn't working, that handovers from the private sector were not in good shape and created extra work for DWP staff. In the meantime, Teleperformance were able to reap the benefits of what was an initial £368 million contract presented to them in 2024.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

