We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

UC review (Again)

2

Comments

  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 5,891 Ambassador
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    No reason to be concerned (assuming you haven't done anything wrong). They call and run through a script to advise you the purpose of the review and what information they will ask for etc, and it is an opportunity for you to ask any questions if you are unsure of the process.

    Once you have provided all the information, they may book a second call to run through any payments showing up on bank statements etc that they are unsure about.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • tomxlisa
    tomxlisa Posts: 594 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I’ve just had the phone call but I’m so sick right now they decided to cancel it and not go ahead and move it forward for me, one strange thing I’ve noticed which is different from my last review if I remember correctly is this time they are asking for a set period of bank statements and it’s between a 6 month period, I’m sure before they basically just asked for 3/4 months going back from the date they asked, so I’m guessing something has definitely triggered as it seems to be a compliance officer too, I’m not sure I had that last time either.

  • I agree something has triggered it if just asking for certain info. A compliance officer is from a different department than the review team that you had last time.

    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • tomxlisa
    tomxlisa Posts: 594 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Yes 100% agree something has triggered it, trouble is im a massive worrier and suffer with mental health bad so now im just thinking ive done something wrong even though I haven’t just doubting myself on everything, what is it there actually looking for is it mainly stuff like if you’ve had over the £16K which your allowed and things like that, they keep on about overpayments in my journal so I’m guessing they think somewhere I’ve got over, is a compliance officer basically a fraud officer or isn’t it as deep as that?. Thanks.

  • A compliance officer is different from a fraud officer. In your case something has been flagged for a check to make sure everything is in order, when it's a fraud officer a person is suspected of wrongdoing.

    10 years or so ago, I had a compliance officer visit, asked for details of my banks accounts, gave them everything they asked for and never heard from them again.

    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 5,891 Ambassador
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    A compliance officer contacting you is completely different from the UC Review process, which are conducted by a dedicated UC Review Team.

    They are two very different things, conducted for very different reasons.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Also, are the UC Review Teams contractors (i.e. not actual DWP staff) whereas compliance is handled by DWP staff?

  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 5,891 Ambassador
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 30 September at 1:11PM

    No, UC Review Teams are DWP employees, the same as Work Coaches or Case Managers.

    UC telephony was originally handled by case managers, but I believe this is currently contracted out. UC telephony operators have very limited access to the UC system and seem to only take the call and make a handover to the case manager or work coach to look at the claim / contact the claimant back. These are the folks that answer the phone if you call the UC call centre, not DWP staff booking phone appointments with claimants for UC reviews or work related appointments.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 5,891 Ambassador
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 2 October at 1:06AM
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 7,118 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic
    edited 2 October at 12:55PM

    The DWP is ditching the contract with TP. All staff will come under the DWP (Just recently announced).

    Let's Be Careful Out There
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.