We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Powerbank

12346»

Comments

  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,750 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I thought the cable would be cheap but I just got back from Tesco and the cable was £10 - £15 depending on brand. Needless to say, I didn't buy one.

    It's a shame the car doesn't have a power port, only wireless charging which my phone doesn't have.

  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,750 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I ordered a cable for £1.19 on EBay so hopefully that will do the trick.

  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 48,008 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    It sounds faulty to me. I've charged 2 different phones with the built-in lead. It was at least 50% charged on arrival. I agree that the instructions are poor, but pressing the button does indicate how charged the device is. I seem to recall that a light shows during charging too. I've charged it with a separate lead with no problem.

    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,750 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Great News!

    My USB'c' to USB'c' lead arrived today so I plugged in the power bank and it worked first time to charge the phone, all the way form 83% to 100% with no issues.

    Quite pleased that the powerbank works and will do the job it needs to do - certainly saves the inconvenience of having to return a faulty device.

    Possibly, it should also work to charge with the built in lead, but I can get around that not working and the powerbank is a budget device so easier to just use it as it is and it does not seem to be a bother.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.