We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Powerbank
Comments
-
I need to record the locations of photos taken. W3W seems simple albeit a bit temperamental. I am not aware of an easy and free alternative that gives the same type of output.
0 -
I am assuming that you are travelling round in a vehicle. Can you not plug the phone into a charger whilst travelling?
Have you investigated using in built geotagging on your phone?
A search engine query - "how to put geotag on phone photos"
For iPhone (iOS)
- Enable System Location: Open the Settings app, scroll down, and tap Privacy & Security.
- Turn on Location Services: Tap Location Services at the top and ensure the main toggle is switched On.
- Grant Camera Permission: Scroll through the app list on the same screen, tap Camera, and select While Using the App. Make sure to turn on the toggle for Precise Location so your photos get exact coordinates rather than a general area
For Android Phones Android requires a three-layer check: system location, app permission, and the camera's internal toggle
1. System & App Permissions
- System Location: Open Settings → Location and turn the main switch On.
- Camera Permission: Go to Settings → Apps → Camera → Permissions → Location and choose Allow only while using the app. Enable "Use precise location" if available. [1]
2. In-Camera App SettingsOpen your native Camera app, tap the Settings (gear icon), and toggle the location feature on. Naming varies by brand: [1]
- Google Pixel: Settings → More settings → Save location
- Samsung Galaxy: Camera Settings → Location tags
- OnePlus / OPPO / Xiaomi: Camera Settings → Save location info
- Motorola: Camera Settings → Geo-tagging
To view the geotag later: Open the photo in Google Photos or your native Gallery app, tap the three dots (or swipe up), and look under the metadata/details panel.
Your life is too short to be unhappy 5 days a week in exchange for 2 days of freedom!
One can always make more money. No one who has ever lived can create more time.1 -
Also are you leaving W3W on all the time, the more apps that are running in the background the quicker it will deplete your battery. Mrs BB often has all apps open and wonders why the phone is warmer. The heat is wasted battery power.
Perhaps, open collect data and then close apps after you use them, it might extended your useable day.
Your life is too short to be unhappy 5 days a week in exchange for 2 days of freedom!
One can always make more money. No one who has ever lived can create more time.0 -
We do the surveys on foot, not in a vehicle. My car only has "wireless charging" and my phone is not suitably equipped.
I was wholly unaware of the geotagging feature so I will give that a try. Thank you.
I do not leave W3W on all the time. When I want to record a location, I open W3W, note the three words and e-mail them to myself in Outlook.
2 -
The beauty of geotagging is it becomes part of the exif data and might have greater provenance. Although I don't have it on, perhaps personal tin foil helmet concern.
Your life is too short to be unhappy 5 days a week in exchange for 2 days of freedom!
One can always make more money. No one who has ever lived can create more time.0 -
You've led me astray. Awaiting the arrival of a pink Belkin, because I've only ever had cheap powerbanks until now and they are now worse than useless, giving a false sense of security. "Battery low? I've got a powerbank here." 10 minutes later, I've got an exhausted powerbank and a still low battery.
Signature removed for peace of mind2 -
Well, it has arrived. The colour is slightly disappointing - the main picture showed a vibrant pink which is definitely 'my' colour, but what has arrived is an anaemic baby pink. It's much heavier than my original (and useless) powerbank, and has happily charged one phone and working on another. When I plugged it in, all the lights flashed reassuringly, so presumably when it begins to be depleted fewer lights will flash. Here's hoping.
Just not sure I want the weight in my handbag all the time, so it may end up being kept for times when I'm expecting an emergency, or when an emergency would actually matter.
Signature removed for peace of mind0 -
Well, it has arrived.
Did it really arrive two and a half hours after ordering? Or are the time stamps on your two posts misleading 😄
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0 -
They never said when they ordered it, just that they were awaiting its arrival.
A friend of mine has a phone case which charges up then fits on the phone, and the battery in the case kicks in when the phone battery is exhausted. Sorry, I don’t know any further details of make or anything, but expect it’s Amazon or eBay. It obviously makes the phone a bit heavier, but not excessively so.
1 -
No, as horsewithnoname surmises, I'd ordered it the evening before. I was waiting with some impatience because I expected it during the day and it was another of their evening deliveries.
Signature removed for peace of mind1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
