We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Splendid September's No-Spend Days Challenge!
Comments
-
One for today :)
1 -
It has been a spendier than usual month for me, I've had an old friend visiting. Hoping next month will be a bit more frugal.
September totals updated here
0 -
Another one for me today taking me to 19/15
Make £2026 in 2026 #19
February NSD1 -
Not today.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.1 -
Another nsd today ☺️
Savings goal by 31/12/24: £22000
Dec 23: £6945.231 -
Another one today … holding out until October starts to look for birthday presents for my dad … Though having already made target this month, maybe I should just get in with it! 🤔😂
KK
As at 26.09.26:
- When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
- OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
c. 17 months reduction in term
Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 70 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 1st October.
Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.Watch your actions, they become your reality.2 -
15/16 for me today! I might hit my target if I don't spend tomorrow 🥰
0 -
I won’t hit target this month, I’m going to to start again next month. I’ve had a poorly cat so a couple of trips to the vet and a change of diet which has cost a small fortune.
2 -
A final one for September please
LMD x
Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...My savings diary - Now for a healthier, wealthier me2026 1p challenge #7 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £5574/£60001
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




