We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Splendid September's No-Spend Days Challenge!
Comments
-
-
One today.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.1 -
One today x
1 -
NSD today, I saved the planned vet fees. NSD yesterday too. I am planning and saving up for xmas, no unnecessary pressies and all necessary bought through voucher scheme where I get money off my rent 💪🏻 I reckon that’s savvy! 🥳
#no 3 Debts off by Xmas 2026 £1500/£12,500 (40000 paid restart)NSD Oct
#no 13 365 days 1p challenge 2026 Jan Feb March April May June July paid
#no 2 £2 coin savers challenge 2026
#no 11 SPC 19 £44 banked restart
2026 PAD challenge £12,500
1% challenge = £12,500
1% - £125 12%
loan 6% £110005 -
Another NSD for today taking me to 18/15 😊
Make £2026 in 2026 #19
February NSD3 -
13/16 for me please 🥰
2 -
Another one today!
Savings goal by 31/12/24: £22000
Dec 23: £6945.232 -
One for Monday! 😊👏🎉🥳
KK
As at 26.09.26:
- When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
- OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
c. 17 months reduction in term
Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 70 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 1st October.
Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.Watch your actions, they become your reality.2 -
@cathybird thank you for running October thread, please can I stay on 14. I might not hit my target this month but can try again in October
2 -
@ThriftyPrincess40 sounds frugal being so organised about Christmas! xx
September totals updated here
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



