We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How many regular savers do you have? - The League Table

1…1113151617

Comments

  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 1,258
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Hi @CricketLady … welcome to the RS League 😀

    We are a very informal lot here, so don't worry about getting anything a little wrong! Feel free to supply as many or as few statistics as you are comfortable with, and as frequently or infrequently as you feel able.

    You'll see there are a wide range of stats, in numbers of RSs people hold and in completion of the columns. Some submit just a few columns for their stats and others go for the lot 😀 … all welcome.

    I've added your stats to the League Table and you will be able to see them after the next update (due sometime this coming weekend).

    Cheers, Bobbles!

  • CricketLady
    CricketLady Posts: 193
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Thank you Bobbles! (Hoping you've forgotten that I once proposed to you, just love a statistician!)(Hi to Mrs Bobblehat!)

    Now that I've joined this league table thread I'm actually finding this motivating in a different way than before - previously I was trying to get as many regular savers as I could (at one point I had 52 which I thought was great as it averaged one a week for maturity) but since calculating my average to be 5.87 I'm now hoping to increase that (although I'm aware this is dependent on outside sources, another nice juicy 8% from somewhere wouldn't go amiss!)

    So I am enjoying finding this a bit of a competition, but not with the other contributors - me of next month will be competing only with me of this month if that makes sense?! And I don't mind where I am on the league table, I'm just happy to be included, thank you!

    xxx

  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 1,258
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Uncharacteristically, I am lost for words! 😚

    …

    Yes, you are very much allowed to compete with yourself!

  • Ghostcrawler
    Ghostcrawler Posts: 443
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    My numbers

    Total Regular savers = 28 (same for OH)

    Monthly investment = £7,260

    Total invested = £41,540

    Weighted Average = 6.15%

  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 2,775
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I forgot to include RBS/NatWest. They are not in my RS spreadsheet because they've reached £5k a couple of years ago, I just skim the interest once a month. Also I didn't include £10+interest in the old Ecology RS paying 3%, I've decided to keep it running but haven't made any deposits since February 2024.

    So my updated numbers are:

    Total number of RSs

    54

    Per month

    £12,045.00

    Current value

    £120,295.65

    Weighted average (2dp)

    6.05%

  • slinger2
    slinger2 Posts: 1,162
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Update post 2x Monmouthshire maturings. Down to 10 RS. £2,350 per month going in. Currently £12,900 in them. Average 6.10%

  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 4,974
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    My figures are as follows:

    • Total number of RSs: 42 (+6 from last month)
    • Weighted average: No figure to declare so please remove this as my spreadsheets are all over the place at the moment. This figure'll be submitted in my October update.
  • clairec666
    clairec666 Posts: 1,518
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I now have 22 regular savers, of which 18 are funded every month, the other 4 are only funded when I have excess funds.

    As I'm about to lose my 7% Monmouthshire, I thought I'd look at my weighted average before and after. Surprisingly it only drops from 6.79% to 6.7%. And from my predicted balances in March, it should rise to 6.86%, helped by all those 8% accounts building up.

    Most of my regular savers are earning 6.5% or more, hence why my weighted average is quite high compared to others I've seen quoted. A couple of lower ones got culled to fund my flat deposit.

  • Afahmaep
    Afahmaep Posts: 305
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    60 Regular Savers

    £14750 Per Month

    £117,500 Total Holding

    5.71 % Weighted Average

    £6680 Estimated Interest

    I pay £150 into RBS and Nat West every month and reduce down to £4500 every 3 months

    Old Saying Once bitten twice shy
    Modern Saying Once Sh*t on Twice Bye!
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,599
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I was surprised by how little mine dropped when I took the £12,000 entry off, but it dropped more when the funds were added to other RS (as everything north of 6% had already been funded for August.)

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.