We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How many regular savers do you have? - The League Table

1…1012141516

Comments

  • FishInGlass
    FishInGlass Posts: 208 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    My monthly update for September
    16 Accounts solo
    Renewed Monmouthshire and added Ecology and Earl Shilton last month. Dropped my last 6 month Principality plus Virgin, Darlington and 2 Monmouthshires. Just Nationwide to renew in September unless things change.
    Funding £3060
    Total savings £23114
    Annual Return £1532
    Weighted average 6.62%
    Minimum rate for new RS 6% (trying to reduce the number of organisations I deal with but not totally successfully as evidenced by me adding 2 new ones)

    Following on from the conversation with regard to account funding. I have never included Progressive in my figures as I emptied this when the rate dropped to 5.25%. I withdrew everything bar £1 as I wasn't allowed to close it. I received £7.48 interest last month for my pound when it finally matured.

  • Purpleheart
    Purpleheart Posts: 53 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I haven't given an update for a while, I am still on 8 although some have matured and new ones opened since I last posted, total amount a month is £2,250.

    I did have an aim of running the number down but they are just too addictive!!

  • A new contributor to the thread:

    Number of RS accounts: 21

    Monthly payments in: £5,850

    Current total: £27,951

    Weighted average %: 5.69%

    Lowest % rate considered: 5.00%

  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,586 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Number of RS: 30

    Total value: £36,460

    Weighted average: 6.06%

    Min for new RS: 6% (though I did take the new 5% Fixed Suffolk issue just in case there is nothing worth having in November/December to mature at the same time.)

  • cc123mm456
    cc123mm456 Posts: 125 Forumite
    100 Posts Name Dropper

    I'm a new entry this month.

    Number of RS (solo): 16
    Per month: £4,500
    Current value: £20,450
    Annual return: £2,017
    Weighted average: 6.72%
    Min % for new RS: 6.00%

  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    edited 1 September at 6:00PM

    Thanks everyone … great to see a couple of new entries, and, of course, returning old friends 😀

  • roked
    roked Posts: 158 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    My updated numbers are as follows

    Number of RS 38 (couldn't quite replace the loss of Mons & Principality accounts)

    Current Pay in Per month £9875

    Current value £57360

    Weighted average 6.08%

    Min % for new RS 5.25

    Ref the discussion on what RSs to include in these numbers, I think it makes sense to only include ones that are actively being used for savings and not as an enabler for future accounts. The 'game' is after all to get the most returns for the money we currently have 😎

  • snookerloopy96
    snookerloopy96 Posts: 199 Forumite
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 September at 11:23PM

    Latest update, 38 RS accounts now.

    I've had the Monmouth money come in so I will bump up the funding on a few accounts, monthly total now £5500.

    Generally 5% is my low threshold but I do have one or two lower than that in order to stay with the brand.

    Edit : just spotted I'd put £6k as my monthly savings but I haven't been able to fund the lower ones much so I'll stick at 5.5k

  • Dugal
    Dugal Posts: 53 Forumite
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    Been a while since I updated :

    September deposits : 9460

    Total in RS : 70600

    Average % return : 5.81

    Number of RS : 35

    Have been taking RS down to 5% , but need to review as income approaches HR tax threshold.

  • CricketLady
    CricketLady Posts: 193 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 2 September at 10:00AM

    Please can I join too? I haven't before for fear of getting my numbers wrong or supplying incorrect or insufficient information so please reprimand or query as necessary!

    I pay £9610 per month, I have 36 regular savers (two of these are the Natwest and the RBS ones in which I have £5000 each). My average % is 5.87 (because I have a few 5% accounts but I won't open anything lower than 5.25% now) and the total amount I have saved in regular savers at the moment is £65773

    Hope that's okay!

    xxx

    Edited to add - I fund all of these every month apart from the two RBS and NatWest ones as they are full and they are all my own accounts xx Thankyou Bobbles!

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.