We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
HBO max/Sky can't activate.
As in title I have Sky Q Signature, cinema and sports package but every time I go to activate using qr code and then mysky app it says I am to quick or something like that and to refresh the page.
I am using my sky email address and don't have hbo account although I Amazon prime.
I have looked at sky help but I still keep going in a loop and I was wondering if anybody has had this issue and got it solved.
Thank you.
Comments
-
Try activating it through the Q box rather than through the MySky app.
0 -
That's what I have been doing.
When I scan the qr code it sends me mysky app and I get that message about being quick.
0 -
Have you tried doing it on a web browser then?
https://sky.com/hbomax-activate
0 -
Thanks for the reply.
I tried using website link you gave on my mobile and it was the same.
Tried Firefox and still got the same result.
It says "it looks like you tried to visit this page too quickly. Refresh the page and try again. If still not working go to this link help but I have tried all them.
0 -
Just found a similar post re. Paramount+ from 2023 on the Sky forums, the very last post may apply, I can't recall how I set my HBO up on the Q box though. Otherwise try on there, it may need escalation to a chat with Sky.
I had the same problem. I realized the mistake I made was you need to choose "Get Paramount+" not "Sign In". If you choose "Get Paramount+" on the next page it will offer it to you for €0 and you can continue through the steps to complete the process.
It offerred me to "continue on TV" or "create account online". I chose "create account online". It then linked the account to my email address. The next step it asks you to either scan the QR code or go to https://sky.com/paramountplus-activate
This time it will work automatically because the account has already been linked. You should not get the error. Hope this helps
0 -
Thanks for the link .
I tried it a few times and still it wouldn't work.
I Sky virtual help and that wasn't any good.
Is there a way that you know of getting tech help through online chat(sky) or is it a phone call?
0 -
Online chat, phone call or the Sky forums. The forums are mainly customer to customer (there are some really knowledgeable people there), they can escalate you to a chat via the forums with a Sky employee.
Try https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Stream/HBO-Max-is-Now-Included-in-Most-TV-Packages/m-p/5238815
1 -
I spent over 1 and a half hours on the phone to Sky trying to sort this out and got nowhere.
I had to send photos and screenshots of of the errors I was getting and he kept saying I must be doing something wrong.
I have not tried the Disney one yet but may give it a miss if HBO max is a pain to activate.
The tech person said I am able to get HBO with the package I have and I am the only who has had issues activating.
0 -
Are you on a VPN?
0 -
No VPN on mobile or pc
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards