We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Mastercard app mystery £0 transactions
hello ,
Any idea what the heck is this ?
Two £0 transactions on the same day , from TKMaxx? I have never used this card there.
And only appears on the Mastercard app (hsbc rewards) . I contacted my bank and there is nothing on my statement
Comments
-
Where does TK Maxx come into it?
0 -
TJX is the American parent company who trade as TJ MAXX in USA and TK MAXX in Europe and Australia.
They also own Homesense.
Bob0 -
UK already had a T J (Hughes) retail store chain, so changed the name.
Sorry, doesn't help with OP's phantom card checks.
0 -
What did HSBC say?
I’m a Forum Senior Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards, Savings & Investments, Budgeting & Bank Accounts, and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
They said there's nothing on the statement.
Final sentence of OPs post.
Certainly a strange one then.
0 -
If OP is worried, then cancel card.
Zero amounts will never show on a statement. they are just checks that the card is valid.
Life in the slow lane1 -
Totally cancel the card and get one reissued. Tell them you think it might have been compromised or skimmed.
I had a similar thing with a carpet warehouse in Texas who billed my HSBC credit card £0.01. It flagged the fraud protocol and my bank sent me a message to contact them as there was suspicious activity on the account.
Obviously I had not traveled to USA to buy a carpet tack as there was no shortage of them in the Midlands.
I was without my card for only about 4 days.
Better safe than sorry.
4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******2 -
yes, thank you. I will cancel the card. Funny thing is, I barely use this card, never used it online but I have frozen it now and I will request a new one
1 -
At least it’s HSBC and not NatWest.
Freezing a NatWest card is no guarantee of stopping fraudulent transactions.
0 -
Your front of card number & exp date have been skimmed and sold on, "they" have just run through all the possible 3 number combinations on the back of your card until one 'transaction' goes through.
Best to cancel the card if this ever happens. Not everyone checks their statements.
4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





