We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Mastercard app mystery £0 transactions
Comments
-
Bit odd, you have identified a couple of iffy transactions on your credit card account.
You ring HSBC (fraud or regular CS?) and they say "we can't see them, Bye".
Normally card issuers are very keen that anything suspicious means a card cancel and reissue.
I'd ring again and get the card replaced, if there is fraud committed on the account then it's a bunch of hassle to get it sorted, best to stop it happening.
4 -
thank you. But I wonder how? like I said, I barely use this card and never used it online . I would have only enter my PIN through first time I used it, otherwise only tap
these two ghost transactions have gone now from the Pay with rewards app .. since that app it's bad in any possible way, any chance of a glitch ?
0 -
yes, CS at HSBC.. they said to contact Mastercard but Mastercard said they are the technology and network providers for banks and financial institutions, they do not issue cards or hold any account or transaction-related information.
I have requested a replacement
0 -
That's exactly right, MC (and Visa) supply the networks, nothing to do with them. HSBC CS need to up the training for their frontline agents.
1 -
I remembered reading another thread over on banking area where TK Maxx was debiting an account too.
This is the thread….
1 -
well, this is very odd indeed. The person on that thread does't use the card at TKmaxx regularly. I double checked my account (this card it's only over a year old ) and I only used this card at TKMaxx once when I got the card. Since then I use my other card and of course every transaction shows at TKMAxx and not TJmaxx US. Anyway, a new c card is on its way
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
