We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Skipton, no can't say I've had that problem,
Although I do mine by faster payment on the 1st.
It is 'per calendar month' according to the terms
1 -
I've never had that issue, opened on the 25th, made a payment on the 1st, credited on the first.
1 -
I just checked my SO detail from my Bank AC, I am using my full name (not Skipton Building Society).
But I am still using the correct SKIPTON BUILDING SOCIETY account AC 20-78-91 70798924 and the Ref Number of my RS Account No.
If it is stated to the T&C per calender Month and noone share the same experience, that delay might be caused by the name I am using e.g I am using my full name instead of Credited to SKIPTON BUILDING SOCIETY. I will change my SO instruction and see what happen in the next month.
1 -
I’ve £2,750 in an account I opened on 31st December, so this would seem to confirm it is calendar month. Skipton are one of the quickest providers to show my manual payments.
0 -
It doesn't matter what you entered for the name. If the account details and reference is correct, then the payment should be processed correctly. The delay would lead me to suspect there is an error in the reference, and this is being manually allocated to your account.
1 -
Thanks for the input. I just checked the SO detail a few minutes, The reference is already correct. That leave me to believe that might be caused by the name I am using that confuse them. I will cancel the SO and set up a new one and see what happen in next month
0 -
Skipton
No, this delay can't be caused by the name, I always use my name since CoP became mandatory. I think the best way forward would be to call Skipton and ask them to investigate. There shouldn't be any delays if the reference number is correct.
1 -
Does say to use your own name... so that is odd!
Was your reference definitely 9 digits?
For example, make sure you don't remove a zero from the beginning (if it starts with a 0).
Might be best giving them a call to see what's going on.
0 -
Skipton payments
If you have screen caps of the account opening and the confirmation email Skip sends to you, you should have all the details you need.
I just set up my first payment to Skip with Nationwide and had a Confirmation of Payee (CoP) check with the details. I think you can get this feedback from most current accounts. You don't have to go through with the transfer, but it is useful to confirm you have the details correct. So long as the Skipton account has been created for over a day maybe, so that faster payment CoP has been setup and propagated, you should be able to do this.
0 -
PROGRESSIVE 7%
A quick heads-up for those who want to deposit or withdraw from the 7% regular saver.
Progressive Online will be unavailable from 8pm on Friday 9th October 2026 until 9am on Monday 12th October 2026 for essential maintenance
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
