We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread

1…647648650652653…655

Comments

  • mon3ysav3r
    mon3ysav3r Posts: 315 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 5 October at 5:27PM

    Skipton - Edit - I replied to the wrong "possible", the first question but leaving it here incase useful.

    "This account is part of our Regular Saver range. You can only hold one product from our Regular Saver range in your name at any one time." - source https://www.skipton.co.uk/savings/regular-saver-accounts/member-regular-saver

    I take that to mean you can't have:

    • A Skipton Member Regular Saver and a Skipton Regular Saver (or visa versa)
    • More than one [Member] Regular Saver even if different issues

    Back in Nov 2025 I closed my Skipton Regular Saver Issue 1 to allow me to open the Member regular saver as it had a better rate.

  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    For the branch/post accounts the instruction won't be actioned until the day after maturity (i.e. 1st October in the most recent case) and the transfer made the next working day after that. So unless you withdraw cash in a branch on the 1st, the earliest you can get your money would be the 2nd.

    Suffolk BS

    There is no delay in the maturity processing of the branch/postal accounts in my experience. I had both the online and the branch/postal versions maturing on 30 September. The maturity proceeds from both accounts arrived in my nominated account at the same time. It was very early on 1st October and in good time to fund my standing orders due that day.

  • poolboy
    poolboy Posts: 234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker

    I just opened a starling easy access 5% for first 6 months max 25k. Raises the bar for rs to 5.0 from 4.53 Tesco. Also makes principality 4.85 uncompetitive, shame I peaked at c7 principality s.

  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Shhh

    Good point, I have deleted my post 😎

  • clairec666
    clairec666 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    Ah, I was replying to the second "possible" - i.e. I think it's possible to refresh. According to terms, not possible to have multiple Skipton regular savers.

  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,586 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    The only good feature is the carry forward of unused allowances. They used to offer fixed rates, but changed to index linking when rates looked like falling, now they are going to standard variable as rates look like rising!

  • Born2Save_3
    Born2Save_3 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    It may not be long till there is a >5%A EA account for sizeable amounts.

    Today the average five-year mortgage rate hit 6% for first time in three years.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8r4yxpry5e9o

    And the yield on 10 and 30 Yr gilts are nearly 5.5% and 6%, respectively.
    https://markets.ft.com/data/bonds/tearsheet/summary?s=UK10YG
    https://markets.ft.com/data/bonds/tearsheet/summary?s=GB30YT

    So for an RS to be very attractive right now, it needs to be 6%A+ and ideally £500+ monthly. And it could be that in the not to distant future 6% is not that attractive. There are many RS at 5%A now, which I'm not opening, even prospectively.

  • GlasgowExpat2
    GlasgowExpat2 Posts: 304 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Progressive Online 1 Year Monthly Saver Account.
    7.0% Gross
    Maximum £200 per month

  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 5 October at 10:15PM

    There are many RS at 5%A now, which I'm not opening, even prospectively.

    I have quite a few 5% east access ones right now, for the purpose of storing cash for which I cannot get 5% or more anywhere else, or where I get entries to a prize draw. Several tens of K right now. As and if I can extend this, I will, but until it's possible, I am happy to shift some more 4.5x% money to 5% once a month. The only RSs I will not bother with are currently the <5% ones, and the ones without full online/app support (starting from application, all the way through to withdrawing the matured funds).
    
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.