We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Need Help
Comments
-
Another possibility
YOU said the coat was shiny but did not appear shiny on the the order page.
Was the coat received not the original one ordered but was swopped before you received it?
0 -
This is the latest reply from flannels and I am absolutely fuming because I only sent back what they sent me. If they are saying it’s Fake they must have sent me a Fake in the first place.
Thank you for your continued correspondence and for outlining your concerns so clearly. I appreciate how frustrating this experience has been for you, particularly given the length of time the matter has been ongoing.
I am writing as a manager following a full review of your order, the return, the inspection carried out by our specialist authentication team, and the correspondence to date.
Following this review, I must confirm our final position. The item returned to our warehouse was assessed and confirmed not to be a genuine Flannels product and not the same item that was originally dispatched to you. As a result, the return does not meet the criteria for a refund or replacement, and we are unable to issue any reimbursement on this order.
To address the points you have raised directly:- We are confirming that the item returned is not authentic and does not correspond with the genuine product supplied.
- For security and fraud-prevention reasons, we are unable to disclose detailed authentication processes, supplier identifiers, or technical markers used during inspection.
- We are not suggesting that the original item supplied was non-genuine; rather, the item received back into our warehouse was not the original product dispatched.
In relation to your reference to the 14-day cooling-off period, while consumers are entitled to return items within this timeframe, this right applies only where the same goods supplied are returned in their original and genuine condition. Where a different or counterfeit item is returned, the right to a refund does not apply. This position is consistent with consumer legislation and has been confirmed following internal review.
I also note your concern regarding the courier handling of the parcel. Our investigation found no evidence to indicate interference or substitution while the item was in transit. Responsibility for ensuring that the correct item is returned rests with the sender.
I appreciate that this is not the outcome you were hoping for and that you strongly disagree with the conclusion. However, this matter has now been fully investigated, reviewed at management level, and concluded. No refund or replacement will be issued, and we will not be entering into further correspondence regarding this case.
You remain entitled to pursue the matter through any external avenues you feel are appropriate. From our side, this email represents our final position.
Thank you for your time and for allowing us the opportunity to review the matter.
Kind Regards Customer Service Team Manager0 -
So, where is the item now? Has it been returned to you or is it still with Flannels?
Was the original item you received genuine or counterfeit?
As a point of learning for the future, next time you buy a £1k coat, go to a shop.
0 -
time for this
0 -
To be honest after watching a number of internet posts they have sold counterfeit Moncler coats in store but I do agree with you. I am just kicking myself I didn’t do a video of opening the package on arrival to me.
I have refused to accept the coat back but I would welcome opinions on whether I should take it back or stick to my guns. That email is basically saying I am committing fraud and I am fuming.
0 -
I take it the coat has not been returned to you yet?
Personally I think I'd accept it rather than refuse it.
For one thing you will be able to confirm whether or not it is the same coat as you returned to them.
Having read their letter I think you are going to end up sending a Letter Before Claim and if they don't back down at that point you will have to issue a claim against them.
Are we talking £800+ ? [Edit: Sorry, I see I've got it stuck in my head for some reason that the price you paid was discounted to £800, but was it actually the full price of £1049?]
0 -
It’s £1K.I have sent around 30 email at present and I have got no further on. I will send the letter citizens advice sent me and then pay £80 to register at court.
As anyone been to court for a similar case and if so what happened?
Many thanks to all of you for replying.
Regards
1 -
"… I returned it on 5/1 and DPD delivered back to them on 7/1. I then received an email on the 8/1 from flannels stating they had got the coat and would be in touch.
Having not received any refund I contacted them on 20/1 asking for an update and I was told they had trouble locating my returned item…"
So they emailed you on 08 January to say they had received the return, but when you contacted them on 20 January they couldn't locate it?
Have you an email* from 20 January saying they couldn't locate it, or was it just a 'phone conversation?
I think the fact they told you they had received it and then two weeks later told you they couldn't locate it is rather telling. What happened to it between 08 January and 20 January? They appear to have admitted to you that they had "lost" it.
I'd suggest that that period of time when they lost track of it for two weeks and couldn't locate should form an inportant part of any legal claim you make against them. [Edit: the point being that it would tend to refute any claim from flannels that nothing could have gone wrong after they had received it]
*Obviously if you have an email or a text or similar from them saying they could not locate it that would be better than just your recollection of a phone conversation
0 -
You need to get the coat back, to confirm it is the coat you received & also get it checked yourself that it is a fake.
Life in the slow lane0 -
The conversation about not being to locate the coat was on chat so I have asked for the chat conversation.
On the 7/1 I received an email from flannels stating they had received my coat and it would inspected within 14 days and refund issued etc..
However the first email I have from them was 21 days later on 28/1 stating my coat wasn’t getting refunded.
Does this further breach of taking 21 days also help my case?
Regards
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards