We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Need Help

24567

Comments

  • saints1996
    saints1996 Posts: 64
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Hi, Since receiving the initial rejection from flannels I have asked for this so called evidence, who came to the decision etc. I have got these 2 replies,

    After reviewing the details, I can confirm that we are unable to accept this return, as the coat was not purchased directly from us. Unfortunately, this means we cannot process a refund for this item.

    Following a detailed review, we have identified that the product label does not correspond with the labels used by Flannels. Upon further examination, it appears that the jacket was originally purchased from an alternative supplier.

    Though it’s a civil matter if I am returning bogus products it’s Fraud and a criminal matter. I have honestly no idea what they are banging on about because they won’t explain themselves.

    What do you think?

  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 16,894
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I asked earlier: How much was it and how did you pay for it?

  • saints1996
    saints1996 Posts: 64
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 January at 4:17PM

    Really sorry for not replying sooner. I paid £1049.99 for the jacket though paid nothing yet because I used Fraser Plus. I am not sure if this offers any protection at all?

  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 16,894
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    No worries. Wow, that's a pricey jacket! I'd hoped you would have paid by credit card, or at least debit card, but it appears that Frasers Plus offers Section 75 protection as well, so they are jointly liable. I would contact them to see what they say. They may simply copy Flannels' response and say they have evidence it's not the same jacket you ordered. In which case, small claims court (or at least the threat of it) should be your next step.

  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,316
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite


    Dies the cost have an attached label with the order number on it?

  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,794
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Why does anyone pay £1k for a coat by mail order rather than trying the coat on and checking they like the style and fit?

    Rhetorical question I suppose.

    Anyway, now that we know the coat is £1k, it probably makes it more sense for the OP to accept the parcel back once it arrives otherwise there will be a £1k coat floating about in the courier network somewhere and going missing.

  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 16,894
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Or the plot may thicken if a significantly cheaper coat arrives back with the OP…

  • Woodstok2000
    Woodstok2000 Posts: 2,165
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    What Brand of coat is it? One that is widely sold, or only available via flannels?

  • Speak to card provider about a chargeback (or S75 claim if paid by credit card).

    In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,158
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

     I paid £1049.99 for the jacket though paid nothing yet because I used Fraser Plus. 

    No idea if Fraser Plus is a regulated credit, but again they will have to be jumping through hoops to prove their case.

    Life in the slow lane
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.