We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Need Help
Hello,
Firstly thank you for taking time to read my post.
I bought a coat from Flannels online on 2/1 and when it arrived it looked like a bin bag so I returned it on 5/1 and DPD delivered back to them on 7/1. I then received an email on the 8/1 from flannels stating they had got the coat and would be in touch.
Having not received any refund I contacted them on 20/1 asking for an update and I was told they had trouble locating my returned item.
Today I have received an emailing stating they had declined my returned item due to it coming from another supplier. I haven’t a clue what they are going on about and wondering if anyone had come across this before or could help me fight this?
Thank you
Comments
-
There have been previous similar threads about this mob refusing refunds, also referring to other such tales mentioned on review sites:
0 -
Surprise Surprise, it's Sports Direct....absolute shower.
0 -
Thank you.
Would you suggest I accept the parcel or decline it back from flannels?
0 -
As things stand, you have evidence of returning it and it having arrived, so you're entitled to a refund. They seem to be disputing that on the basis it's not the coat you ordered. Accepting it back again puts you in possession of the item so they can refuse a refund on that basis. Rejecting it risks it being lost in the ether, but that's not your problem.
How much was it and how did you pay?
0 -
You need to find out what they mean by 'another supplier'. Are they saying its not the jacket they sold you, or are they claiming they acted as a marketplace for a third party?
I would probably accept the jacket back so you at least know where it is, but confirm to them in writing that you are still rejecting it and wish to return it for a full refund.
Did you follow their full returns process and send this form:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RZL8GukyQUGVI6LQAjI-dIWFHtb4qnHl/edit?pli=1
1 -
is the jacket still for sale on their website?
0 -
Whilst legally "that's not the OP's problem" in practical terms it is unless or until they manage to actually get a refund!
0 -
The Jacket is still for sale but it’s £200 more expensive than what I paid.
0 -
Did the jacket you received look like the one on the website? i.e. when you said "it looked like a bin bag" do you mean - it was the jacket of the website, but you didn't like the cut once you'd seen in it person. Or that it was completely different to what you'd ordered?
Edit: Also, presumably you still have various order confirmation/order details in emails from the site. These should give evidence that you ordered something from the company.
0 -
Could it be that the one now on sale is a better quality one , from a different supplier. Hence the price hike.
Whoever checked your return compared it to the current one for sale, not the previous inferior one
Your Oder details/ confirmation of order should show your purchase from them.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
