We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Steadily climbing the mountain, enjoying the view along the way
Comments
-
I had absolutely fabulous day yesterday. I went on the coach trip with the localish (20 minutes away) garden society. We went to the Ye0 Valley organic garden south of Bristol and skipped the Bristol botanic garden as their glasshouses were closed due to the weather. The garden was sensational, really, really special, I haven’t been anywhere that good for a long time. We had guided tour from the owner / gardener (she also has 4 full time staff and it shows 😉) and it was lovely hearing how the place has evolved and all her future ideas for it. I found her fascinating and quite visionary. Mild powerful-woman-crush here … 😉 The other thing that made the day was who lonely all the people in the group were. There were no politics, no bitchiness, no arch comments etc etc. Just supportive care for each other. It was like being immersed in a cool pool after walking through a parched desert compared to the village I live in! I have asked if I can join 😊
Apart from food, which on a day like that I regard as not counting, I spent nothing 👏
Early start here with the groceries hopefully arriving by 8am, breakfast, gym (see if I can remember what to do! 🤔), chores and getting ready for going back to work tomorrow…. 🙄 Still, I don’t have the feeling of bleak dread I used to get in the ridiculous job 😊 It’s also cooler here, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to get everything done.
KK
As at 26.09.26:
- When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
- OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
c. 17 months reduction in term
Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 69 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 26th September.
Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.Watch your actions, they become your reality.9 -
KK that sounds a fantastic day out, it’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to go.
love 🐞Declutter 1865/ 2026
books read 15in 2026
£320 🥳 funpot
🐞change pot £0
£20/£5003 -
Sounds like a very nourishing and restorative day on many levels KK 🌹🌻🌼🌱🌴
1 -
That sounds a fabulous day out. I've put it on my "one day" list :)
Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became
In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!1 -
That sounds like a fabulous community to absorb yourself into!
Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
Current mortgage amount: £224,460.73
Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: CLEARED July 2025
Unread owned books Jan 2026: 256
Undone crafts 2026: +11 -
A lovely day had. 🌸
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.1 -
Thanks @ladybird1106, @teapot2, @Watty1, @Merlin's_Beard and @beanielou 😊 Rvery time I think of yesterday it makes me smile 😊❤️
So, today.
I have gymmed! First solo session after the induction and I seemed to remember it all pretty well 😊 I upped the ante a bit in terms of duration / reps as I felt nothing on the day after the last session! 😊I have cleared out, organised and decluttered my tea towel / oven gloves / apron drawer. It’s now possible to close it! 😂 There are also designated ‘mop up disaster’ tea towels in a separate location.
Washing wrangled and needs to come in soon. I smiled as put three summer dresses on the line. My mother was forever insisting that I must wear dresses when I was younger and here I am wearing them by choice …. She still wouldn’t approve though, as I am wearing them with bare legs and as she informed me in my late 20s, my legs look awful like that … 😳🙄😂 Get me, still rebelling at the age of 55! 😉😂😂
Batch of soup made for work lunches using frozen pre-prepped, HG leeks 😊👏, blitzed, boxed up, all washing up done. Just need labelling and away to the fridge or freezer for use this week 😊
Bathroom and loo both cleaned. Dust bunnies under the towel rail vanquished with the damp tissue that resulted from polish-drying the mirror and tap block 😊👏
I may now do some knitting and see if I can knock over the wrist warmers I have been working on for months ….! 😉
KK
As at 26.09.26:
- When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
- OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
c. 17 months reduction in term
Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 69 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 26th September.
Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.Watch your actions, they become your reality.8 -
Garden Society trip sounds absolutely delightful and I would have a woman-crush too 😍
Well done on productivity and rebelling 🥂
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
Everything sounds so productive and wonderful your end KK ☺️ the group on the trip sound wonderful too!
Emergency Fund - £1000
Baby cash emergency fund £210/250
Mortgage OP goal 2026 - £1200/£4500
Read 24 books this year 24/243 -
What does your mother know about dresses, legs or most importantly you @KajiKita?! You go girl!! Love Humdinger xx
3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




