We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
Comments
-
- Daily To Do List - written the night before
- Sort out sleep patterns - initial targets: bed by 03:00, up by 10:30
- Don’t put it down, put it away + deal with mini tasks as soon as they are noticed e.g. refill olive pourer or salt cellar, stitch up a hole in a garment etc.
- Commence ‘Operation Financial Frog Tickling’ using the acronym - I.R.I.S. (Identify, Research, Implement, Sign Off) - One per quarter
- Continue to keep kitchen clean & tidy - before going to bed
- Plan & Execute ONE Major Project - 2026 New Bathroom
- Target 2026 items out
Monday is a dull cloudy day with a forecast high of 18°C (feeling 2° cooler due to a NNE wind) & a low of 12°C Not too bad getting up today - 10:10 but feeling very stiff after going from 0 miles as a pillion this year to over 600 miles os a pillion over the course of 3 days 😧 I will do a little cheerleading before I unpack the bags & sort out the washing.
Dizzycap, sorry to hear that you are in so much pain 😣 Great work getting so much done despite the pain 👏 Pleased to hear that Babyface is getting on so well ☺️
Liverpool_Anne, lovely to have you back ☺️ Sorry to hear that you have been overwhelmed with RL & health issues 😔 Hope you have a lovely break in Anglesey & that the weather is kind 😊 I must say you have done some excellent decluttering & your great number of 521 has earned you a Gold Star ⭐️ which is on its way 🙂 together with several gentle cwtches 🤗
TC77, hope you have a lovely weekend & that your walk & museum visit will invigorate you ready to tackle frogs & decluttering 🤞
Florenceem, so pleased to hear that you had a pain free Thursday night 😊 Fingers crossed that young J is correct & there is enough paint to finish the feature wall 🤞I hope the weather was kind & that you had a lovely time at Hever Castle with your bestie ☺️
QueenJess, excellent work on ‘Project Use Up’ especially your freezer emptying 👏
Lovely post Brie 😊 Hope you managed to rid the house of OH’s accumulation of cardboard 🤞😊
Lovely cheerleading vulpix ☺️ I do hope you were only supervising all the work that went on 😉 It sounds like everything is coming along very nicely & quickly 👏 Hope you have a lovely time in North Wales with DD1 ☺️
suzeesu2000, I hope you managed to have a very quiet Saturday ☺️
Florenceem, yippee to J having enough paint for the 2nd coat 🥳 J has worked very hard again 👏 I imagine you are looking forward to the decorating being finished & being able to start stocking your craft storage room ☺️ I love your variegated yarn ☺️ & it knits perfectly for fingerless gloves 😊
Lovely cheerleading Moorviews ☺️ Excellent decluttering of your underwear drawer & also well done on decluttering Christmas leftovers from the freezer 👏 I need to join you in sowing some seeds but have nowhere really to put them indoors whilst temperatures drop so low at night ☹️
ionafan, sorry to hear that your DH needed to be released from hospital too early due to pressure on beds 😔 So do please try to carve out a little time for yourself whilst nursing your DH 🥹 I remember how tiring it was looking after my DH & that was 15 years ago when I was a lot younger ☹️
Excellent decluttering Brie 👏 Sorry to hear about the blue tit 😢
Florenceem, a lovely idea to scatter MrF’s ashes at the same time as your bestie scatters her DS’s ashes 🥹 My condolences to your bestie. That new shop sounds wonderful & how serendipitous that you & your bestie both had enough cash to treat yourselves ☺️ How irritating that your paper/card recycling was not collected 😞 We were lucky as our recycling wheelie bin was emptied on Friday after we left - only a day late 🙂
vulpix, thanks for the reminder about who coined the phrase “Declutterati” 👏 You are never boring about house stuff ☺️ I always love hearing about your plans for renovations/upcycling & then following your progress 🥹
Lovely cheerleading Dizzycap ☺️ Very pleased to hear that Babyface is doing so well 🥹 & everything is crossed that your doctor/doctors can get you on the road to recovery 🙏
Oh weenancy 🥺 Very sorry to hear that the medical establishment is letting you down so badly 🥺 Hopefully you won’t be kept waiting for your operation 🙏
I have caught up a little, now only 42 posts behind 😉 I hope everyone is having a good day 😊 See you later 👋
MrsSD Awards: 💐 🙏💐💐🌟⭐️❤️💐💐⭐️💐❤️ ⭐️🎖️🥇
DH Awards: 🏅🏅🏅🏅
DSis Awards:
Decluttering Target 2026: 789/2026
1p Savings Challenge Running Total: £165.11
Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. ⭐️2026 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £373.16
Jan £5.00 Feb £12.75 Mch £23.25 Apr £32.00 May £42.16 Jun £49.95 July £61.50 Aug £71.00 Sep £75.55 Oct £ Nov £ Dec £ Grand Total £21 -
@Happy_Kitties this is a coincidence. I just bought some Happy Kitty Blankets and then opened this chain and the first thing i read was by you. https://happy-kitty-blankets.sumupstore.com/products
I don’t know if they work but i know a couple of cats that might like one.
13 -
@vulpix maybe consider the possibility of staving off the worst of the arthritis by using all the support available such as walker etc sooner rather than later?
2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐16 -
Car boot sale today. I have never seen such a busy one. I think that the whole Isle of Wight must have been there
Sold lots of bits and pieces and saved so much going to landfill. Also sold a cupboard on Wightbay when we got home. All on all £73. 64 made today and 2 cupboards where I have been storing stuff cleared. Tomorrow if I get time I will clean out and sort bed drawers and bottoms of wardrobes in spare bedroom.
Counting as one until I have finally sorted what came back, as well as done a bit of tidying now that we have more storage.
It's getting a little less like Tetris here!
GC 2022 = £3154.96 , 2023 = £3334. 841
2024 = £.3221.81 , 2025 = £3974.24 . 2026 £ 2295.02/£3500, September £198.90/£150
Decluttering campaign. 2026. 42/74 storage places, book cases, drawers cupboards and sheds. Also tidying / clearing front and back gardens , giving bathroom and kitchen a bit of a spruce up. Me🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐⭐ ⭐DH🏅🏅🏅
Make £600 in 2026 = £726. 79
NSD in M = 18, J = 15, J = 15 September 7/1519 -
Afternoon! Not posted in a while been busy with work.. was working until 12 today and then met OH and went to a boot sale which was very very busy!
Not much else going on today just relaxing out and hoping the weather stays nice
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100016 -
We got a new light fitting for the kitchen last year. Then we lost it in the garage of doom. Last month I found it on the top of a piece of furniture. Not at all where it should be. So this morning I got brave enough to put it up. I even found the special light bulb for it. So that’s two things decluttered to the ceiling.
I managed to squash up the chest freezer in the garage and make space for a book case that we were storing so that got built and popped into the space. The tool boxes were then put on the shelves. It feels lots better not tripping over them. I sorted the tool boxes back into the appropriate things and then labelled them. I love a label and my son has lent me his labelling machine.
Listed a few things on freecycle and emailed the lady who furnishes houses for the homeless. If she doesn’t want it I will pop it on freecycle.
our friendly upcycler has asked if I have got anything for him so i have started earmarking things he might want.16 -
I did some sorting of stuff for the school's crafts cupboard.
Carried some boxes upstairs from the garage. I need to make space in the garage and the old office for stuff to come out of the large ROD. I won't choose a feature wall colour until I can get into the room and uncover the chaise longue and sofa bed. They will stay in the room while it is decorated along with a small table. Young J has plenty of dust sheets.
J is at work tomorrow and gardening for his Godfather on Wednesday then work on Thursday. So I won't have him here until possibly Friday. I won't have the room ready for him to decorate but he could put another coat on the fence. There are also spots to touch up on the wall plus the front gates to paint. I will be able to keep J busy.
Had a day at home after my tiring day yesterday.
I got young M to try on the gloves for age 8 - 12 years when she was here yesterday.
I have whats app young S with a question about my tv.
My sons and grandson were very pleased with the football result.
Finished a pair of gloves.
19 -
@Soontobeoap that sounds great progress
Mrs SD glad you had a good weekend
Been busy all day (ok watched some dramas) so not sure why not much improvement indoors.
Decided to sweep the front steps and weed, but got distracted getting things out of the shed and started with back patio, and drains, - still in progress but did do front steps and started those between me and neighbour (counting as 5), slippers in recycling, some emails deleted and replied to.
A little preparatory on mega frog for meeting tomorrow .Small amount of housework, hoovering etc
Listed a few items for sale - forgot how time consuming so will be mindful what is worth listing.
Using the big storage bag which had the curtains for the donation hub as they are always after bags and suitcases. Ordered a new waterproof coat and if ok, 2 jackets will go in the bag but won't count yet.
Off to bed, and hope people make use of the TLC carriage and the sleeping carriages.
458
17 -
I know that without my walker (junior rollator), I wouldn't be going anywhere. I can't walk more than a couple of feet without support. But with it, I can race everywhere and not worry about falling.
22 -
@Soontobeoap, I’m on the island too! Which boot sale did you do?
@MrsSalad_dodger sounds like you’ve had a good weekend break.Sanded, finally, the little white unit and tried the paint on a wee bit. The blimming brush is awful so have had to buy one of those very small roller sets, it was under a fiver and you get 10 rollers with it so fingers crossed. Just got to wait for it.
Cooked a roast using 3 bird roast meat leftover from Christmas, roast pots, mashed swede, Easter parsnips, Easter carrots, green beans, Yorkshires & gravy. Won’t be moving until Thursday🌕 so full.
Sold on eBay, all packed ready to go Tuesday and listed more on Vinted.
Been a lovely relaxing weekend - just what I needed. I’ve done a ton of work on my family tree. I really have got to do some other work as well though!
Have a good night all, sweet dreams xx
Saving 1 animal wont change the world - but it will change the world for that 1 animal
2026 Frugal Living Challenge
2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
26 for 202617
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



