We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
Comments
-
delurking,what a beautiful robe Florenceem
16 -
Love the robe Florenceem.
We are a load of old arthritusy ladies arn't we. I have a walker with a seat too. Strangely my knees don't hurt to walk.It's my feet that are stopping me from walking far these days. I am resisting a mobility scooter but I think it will come to that. Weenancy, As you know I have had lower spine surgery to great success but I have similar symptoms to you in the arms for the past few years, I have also been told my almost constant earache is a trapped nerve in my neck too. I will be very interested in your treatment., though atm the arm tingling n stuff doesn't actually stop me doing things.
A fabulous day was had with DD1 in Wales.We were so lucky with the weather. It was not busy, the motorway was not busy. We went to Criccieth, DH1 proposed there! I know North Wales quite well as DH1 is from the area.
DD2 is here for a few days.
It sounds like you have had a lovely trip Mrs SD.
I have no clue as to why I am awake from 3am, I wish I wasn't.
Vx
:19 -
Decluttered myself and DD to the lake district and booked us in for some activities.
I finally managed to do the falconry experience that has been on my vision board. Last year it was cancelled due to bird flu.
Also decluttered a lot of money in doing this!
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x16 -
Glad you had such a lovely visit vulpix. I would love to explore North Wales as it looks so beautiful. Hopefully you will have a better night tomorrow.
I am sorry to read of the awful physical pain that some of you are having to live with on a daily basis. I hope that treatments can be found to help. I am impressed that the walkers are being used though. I found that some people could be quite stubborn about not wanting to use them. Unfortunately, that often results in falls and further complications. You are indeed wise ladies in this, as in many other, respects xx
Florenceem - I love the robe too!
TC77 - pyjamas are great to start with. My homemade ones are definitely my comfiest.
Mrs SD - glad you are having such a great time with your friends 😊
@ionafan - you are in difficult times where just keeping going every day means you are doing well xx
@GrannyKate - your organisational skills impress me so much! The way you balance everything and everyone, yet still manage to go on holidays. It is very inspirational 😊
I did some shuffling around yesterday as I still have a houseguest who needs some space of their own. It is making me concentrate on getting more things moved out. A baby chair has been donated as I don’t think there will be more GC now. We will keep the playpen for now but I think the big play mat can go too. Charity shops won’t take the baby equipment but secondhand shops do. With only occasional use our stuff is almost brand new, so I definitely don’t want to throw it away. It is a bit of a soggy weekend but good for decluttering jobs and the earth certainly needs the rain.
17 -
@retiredinfrance - it’s so nice to see you again 😊 I know what you mean about minding the miles/kilometres with fuel. I am constantly working out dovetailing errands to minimise journeys. I love that your husband came up with Declutterati!
@Willowtree222 - That sounds a fabulous experience and you deserve a treat so it is money well spent 😊
Take care all xx
15 -
@TC77 that's just where I am at. Looks much messier but I know that if I am clearing loads of stuff I must be getting somewhere. Good luck with it all.
GC 2022 = £3154.96 , 2023 = £3334. 841
2024 = £.3221.81 , 2025 = £3974.24 . 2026 £ 2295.02/£3500, September £198.90/£150
Decluttering campaign. 2026. 42/74 storage places, book cases, drawers cupboards and sheds. Also tidying / clearing front and back gardens , giving bathroom and kitchen a bit of a spruce up. Me🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐⭐ ⭐DH🏅🏅🏅
Make £600 in 2026 = £726. 79
NSD in M = 18, J = 15, J = 15 September 7/1516 -
@TC77 my suggestion might be the wrong way round but if you really need/want stripy bedsheet for repurposing there is FB MP. I am on the search for vintage linen bed sheets to help with giving them a new life and both DH and myself being able to sleep better. I purchased 2 not too long ago and absolutely love it. I did have to have one cut up as our modern beds are wider than the vintage sheets were designed for. No one is coming to inspect our bedding are they😀
Managed to get some items loaded onto FB MP. I really need to get a wobble on with this. More importantly we need to get this damn kitchen fitted. That's all I'm going to say about it!
have a good weekend all
2 Scratters xx
Anything is better than nothing-check back and see
On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.16 -
@Moorviews , Thanks for your welcome back.
we are now in a no extra toiletries situation and same with makeup , although my stock of lipsticks is not decreasing much .SABLE stocked!
Glad to know I’m not the only one making each car trip very worthwhile. I’m a member of a Lunch club here, different restaurants , different towns so I get messages/ errands to some of you,done in the morning. Fortunately most small towns in France don’t charge for parking so more cash saved. Out this morningI DH shirt and a pile of pop socks - never use them now.
Pile of magazines and 2 books for the CS.
Total 159+5=164/365.
Hugs for all,R.
18 -
@Mrs_Salad_Dodger you can't beat a good cheese course!
@Dizzycap I hope that taking it easier this weekend helps with your arms and hands.
@TC77 I'm a great believer in things getting messier before they get better. Unfortunately, in practice, I'm less good at the getting better bit … 🤣
@GrannyKate well done on the ticking off of big jobs
@Florenceem what lovely gloves and robe
@retiredinfrance congratulations to your OH on coining the term declutterati
It's chucking it down here and has been since late last night. Definitely a day for not gardening, though I did manage to start driving again yesterday. Just to the allotment, so not far. No pain when using the gear stick or hand brake, but had to say ouch when using the left indicator with a couple of downward fingers. Will have to use the whole hand to move it for a short while longer, but at least it means I can go back into the office and see people.
18 -
18/52 - Box of old drinking glasses, a jumper and a bra to the bin.
19/52 - a pair of joggers, a going out top, 2 x casual tops, a pair of trousers and 1 t-shirt to charity recycling.
20/52 - DH put 3 x shirts into charity recycling.
15
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

