We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
Comments
-
Have started trying to tidy the room of doom that had all our holiday luggage dumped in it 2 weeks back when we returned from our jolly with a touch of covid. Big winter jacket put away (so glad I had it as we had a excursion on rough seas to the cliffs of insanity (aka the Cliffs of Moher), emptied the bags of dirty laundry, have put my clean clothes away (there's always bits you don't wear), and divided the laundry into piles and put one load in. It will all need to go on the rack indoors as the weather is a bit foul but that also paces things for me as I know it will take about 2 days to dry properly.
And about to empty the trash bins to the big bin out side as there was an over ripe orange in one of our bags that is now making the house a bit tangy - enough to make me cough again.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅16 -
Well done everyone 😊
I need to make a decision about broadband / landline. I'm with Plusnet, who are no longering offer a landline-type service with the switch-off of the analogue landlines, and my contract ends in 3 weeks.
I've decided to stick with one provider for the BB and LL (rather than stay with them for BB and find a separate provider for phone calls), partly for ease and also because I will need to repeat the process for mum (at 200 miles' distance) later this year.
Have spent time this morning getting to grips with research and relevant factors (and not making any concrete decisions!).
9 -
@Dizzycap you'll have to be here for 4am 🤣🤣
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100010 -
I'm surprised at Plusnet as they are the same company as ee and BT. I'm with ee and they are continuing with LLs via a plug in to the wifi thingme. (sorry to be so technical about it)
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅12 -
@Brie Indeed - clearly a decision has been made that PN will be the 'basic' supplier, despite it having the best customer service and reputation of the lot, and thus will not offer the landline.
EE is their suggested alternative, but there are anecdotal comments about the inability of their router to cope with existing phones (and extensions) being plugged into it via the technical wifi thingme ( 😁 ).
I'm also looking into Zen Internet, which would be OK for me, but more complicated for Mum later this year.
@Dizzycap good suggestion, but there's no way Mum would be able to cope with anything that different or new. 😑
11 -
We're trying to eat less processed foods so tonight's menu, home made pizza using my Greek yogurt and self raising flour recipe with chicken bites on the side! Again home made.. wish me luck 😂
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100014 -
BlueJ94 - I make pizza dough with SR flour and yogurt - works so well and low cost.
I did go out - it was a bit yuk - drizzle and I had to wait for a bus in it. There used to be a bus shelter but it was vandalised and not replaced. I only went to Lid. and then had to wait again for a bus. I was cold and wet when I got home.
I carried on with carrying stuff downstairs and sorting it.
Dinner is the last haddock fillet in the freezer with a few chips and roasted veggies - had tomatoes and shallots that needed to be used.
I have a growing pile for bestie's charity shop and my daughter's school.
Decluttered - shaving brush, coffee stirrers, food pots, packaging, paper, craft case, pair of socks, metal dies, polymer stamps, tin of pom poms. folder of cello bags, glitter tower, knitted rabbit, sponges, paperclip, cardboard, tube of glue.
17 -
@Florenceem I usually use it to make naan breads but fancied pizza!
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100012 -
Pizza was a success! 🍕
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100018
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




