We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
Comments
-
Definitely needs a black frame. Go the The Range and see if they've got a nice size one with a white mat. That should do it nicely. Because it's the diamond art you may have to do without the glass but see how it goes.
My art teacher rates them for decent quality at the best price.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅14 -
J was here 5 and a half hours. He painted the skirting board first.
He moved the furniture boxes out of the old office doorway so I can start to sort out what is going in the units downstairs.
J and I made 4 units. So much cardboard in the garage - it is not collected until next Friday.
I decided to pop out to the shopping centre. I got my winter coat in before I went out as there was a chance of rain.
It was a lovely day until the afternoon when it clouded over.
I contacted J the builder - he may be able to fix the units to the wall tomorrow - if not - next week. I want to start filling the boxes. I can just take them out when he is drilling and screwing.
14 -
@Brie could your OH discuss with the carpenter what he'd like for his hats, so that something bespoke can be designed?
2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐10 -
6 part frog has taken on a mind of its own and become much bigger in an exciting yet scary way.
Decluttering continues in the meantime with a number of bags being taken to a new CS who were very grateful for the donations - kitchenware, clothes, books, dvds, a fleece blanket I have never used, some brand new games. Also a small box of bits and pieces plus a broken airer to the recycling centre.
14 -
Today's 10 items
Hair ties
Black heels
Chick egg covers
Hair brush
Plastic lid
Toe separator
Random wire
1 shoe lace
Foundation
Nail polish!
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100012 -
Just back from a well needed holiday and determined to declutter my way through my chest freezer to allow me to defrost. Some decluttering to report:
Digital:
5 - apps deleted
3 - filters to autodelete emails
3 - documents deleted
7 - notes deleted
14 - bookmarks deleted
2 - emails unsubscribed fromPhysical:
2 - paperwork recycled
5 - packaging too torn to reuse (recycled)
6 - packaging reused
2 - DD tat (charity box)
1 - DS shoes outgrown (charity box)
1 - clothing fallen to bits (bin)
1 - DD clothes outgrown (charity box)
2 - clothes I don’t wear as not comfortable (charity box)
1 - shoes completely fallen to bits (binned)
1 - DD stationery used up
1 - paper reused then recycled
3 - freezer supplies used upNew total 1,085
Use it up total 289Sorry - no baking for the tlc carriage today, but I can drop off a lovely selection of French macarons :) I recommend the raspberry ones.
2026 decluttering: 9,403 🤑🥉 ⭐️🥈🥇 ⭐️ ⭐️💎 ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️🏆⭐️👑⭐️🏅⭐️🏅
2026 use up challenge: 954🥉 ⭐️🥈🥇 ⭐️ ⭐️💎 ⭐️🏆⭐️ 🏅👑 ⭐️
2026 decluttering goals I Use up Challenge: 🥉52 🥈100 🥇250 💎365 🏆1,000 👑3,000I 🥉25 🥈50 🥇100 💎150 🏆300 👑50013 -
Helloooooo! Remember me? The medical disaster? Back again! I have just caught upon all the posts. So nice to see you Dizzy and gentle cwtches to madam.
Florence you are always in my thoughts especially when I see how much you are doing and I’ll add to what others have said….EAT! I know you like to keep busy but please be gentle with yourself and take it steady.Hubby has decluttered A Lot and I have done chunks too. To be honest I felt so behind with numbers and updating I think that’s why I stopped posting. And what with the 26 for 2026 I wasn’t enjoying any of it. So I’ve decided to stop counting! My life is full of good days and bad days medically without trying to do KPIs as well. I will miss my stars but Ho hum.
Garden is starting to come together, getting rid of ivy and brambles and also been putting down cardboard then mulch on top. I think it will take a year before I can actually plant stuff but that’s fine. It all needs TLC.
Rogan was in the wars bless him-snarling altercation between him and next doors 3 small yappy things and I think he ran into the fence. Anyway he came in with blood all over his nose. Some scratches so it looked worse than it was but one of his top teeth got all wobbly and fell out after 2 days. He was like a child not quite brave enough to yank it out 😂 the gum has healed well thankfully.I’ve done more baking which turned out really well especially a bacon and egg pie which was yummy 😋
Can’t think of anything else now! Expect I will just before I go to sleep.
Take care all xxxxx
⭐️⭐️⭐️🥇🥇🥇 2024
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️🏅🏅💐 🏅2025
2026: no more KPIs!!!! ⭐️⭐️
KM:15 -
gonna change signature…..
⭐️⭐️⭐️🥇🥇🥇 2024
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️🏅🏅💐 🏅2025
2026: no more KPIs!!!! ⭐️⭐️
KM:13 -
Saying prayers and sending hugs to Babyface and @Dizzycap. Will be thinking about you.
13 -
My 10 items so far today
- half a pack of frozen sausages (I cooked them for breakfast)
- two small left over tiny pots of mushy peas
- perfume sample
- 4x red markers we use at work (taking them back to work)
- shoe laces (again)
- Christmas card
- random plug
- glasses case
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100014
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards






