We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pay ALL Your Debt Off By Xmas 2026!

1…2526272830

Comments

  • BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 3,477 Ambassador
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Another £15 paid to the loan so ive got £6,936.76 left on the loan

     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Debt owed;

    Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76

    DFW Challenges! 

    365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
    Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
    Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026

    Savings goal £162.79/£1000
  • BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 3,477 Ambassador
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Another payment to my loan made so in standing at ive paid £2254.83/£8854,76

     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Debt owed;

    Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76

    DFW Challenges! 

    365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
    Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
    Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026

    Savings goal £162.79/£1000
  • crazybeautiful
    crazybeautiful Posts: 71 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Current total left to pay £658.07, out of the starting debt of £1300

    I've paid off half! So pleased 😊

    Make £2026 in 2026 Current total £221.92
    Save £1 per book read in 2026 Current total £12

    Emergency fund Current total £405.31/£500

    Pay off by Xmas 2026 Current total left £594.85/£1300

    January 2026 NSDs 29/25 February 2026 NSDs 22/20 March 2026 NSDs 26/20
    April 2026 NSDs 23/20 May 2026 NSDs 21/20 June 2026 NSDs 18/20 July 2026 NSDs 15/15
    August 2026 NSDs 18/15 September goal /20

    Decluttering 365 items 100/365
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,993 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 1 August at 6:16AM

    Keep forgetting to update. Have paid £1000 off debts in June and July bringing the new total to
    #19 £3324 /£6000 paid off so far.

    paydbx2026 #19 £3324/£6000 . Mortgage start £148k June 23 - now £133k.
    2026 savings challenge £0/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £2.17
  • crazybeautiful
    crazybeautiful Posts: 71 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Current total left to pay £594.85, out of the starting debt of £1300

    Over half paid off! 😊

    Make £2026 in 2026 Current total £221.92
    Save £1 per book read in 2026 Current total £12

    Emergency fund Current total £405.31/£500

    Pay off by Xmas 2026 Current total left £594.85/£1300

    January 2026 NSDs 29/25 February 2026 NSDs 22/20 March 2026 NSDs 26/20
    April 2026 NSDs 23/20 May 2026 NSDs 21/20 June 2026 NSDs 18/20 July 2026 NSDs 15/15
    August 2026 NSDs 18/15 September goal /20

    Decluttering 365 items 100/365
  • c.w.2015
    c.w.2015 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts

    Haven't updated for awhile, but been chipping away. Managed to clear another debt off today :)

    Now  #8 1288.28/2000

    Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #8 1288.28/2000
  • I need to get moving paying more debt off. Doubt it will be all off before xmas though 🤦🏻‍♀️

    #no 3 Debts off by Xmas 2026 £1500/£12,500 (40000 paid restart)
    NSD Oct
    #no 13 365 days 1p challenge 2026 Jan Feb March April May June July paid 
    #no 2 £2 coin savers challenge 2026
     #no 11 SPC 19 £44 banked restart
    2026 PAD challenge  £12,500
    1% challenge = £12,500
    1% - £125 12% 

    loan 6% £11000

  • SuperSavingD
    SuperSavingD Posts: 716 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Debt 2 now £800/£6100, slow going at the minute following a holiday and also savings but will keep chipping away.


    Thank you

  • Changeyourlife25
    Changeyourlife25 Posts: 171 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 20 September at 10:26AM

    Hi guys, how are we all?


    Can I come back? I was here at the beginning of the year but didn’t keep up.
    I am back with my tail between my legs 🤦‍♀️


    £3,815.33 in debt… better than at the beginning of the year but still bad, unfortunately reopened the Klarna to buy takeaways of all things 😭😳

    I’ve paid off £100 something today, so I’m starting from now with the new balance up above.

    Debts :

    Klarna - £402.31

    Capitol one - £461.66

    Currys - £438.08

    Barclaycard - £1,183.45

    Old water debt - £1,329.83


    Equalling £3,815.33 Let’s do this 😱

  • Apologies, I signed up to this in January when my hopes were shiny and new and everything faded along with my work. I will do this. Do I double down and try to clear £1,000 by Christmas or try again in January. I think I've answered my own question here. I will be back tomorrow with figures apologies again if I've messed the system up.

    Total debt £18,000 at the start of DFW Journey. 2018 14TH JULY 2021 DEBT FREE / 2026 struggling
    NUMBER 14 1p a day challenge 2026 £3.95 / £667.95 NUMBER 15 Pay my debts in 2026 £273/£10,000
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.