We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2026 Mortgage-Free Wannabes

1…34689…53

Comments

  • Can I keep #13 with a target of £8000 please?
  • Hi @julicorn can I join for 2026 please? This will be my first year. My goal will be £1,200 which should see the mortgage under £30k by November 2026.
    25
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,783 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Thank you @julicorn for running the thread again. May i join with target of £29,000  - all being well should be mortgage free in 2026. 

    Can I have #4 if available? If not, I will keep #61.

    Happy holidays!
    Number 4 is already taken, but I've put your target down against number 61 :) Happy holidays!
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,783 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi @julicorn can I join for 2026 please? This will be my first year. My goal will be £1,200 which should see the mortgage under £30k by November 2026.
    Welcome to the challenge! You've got number 25 :)
  • Morning,

    Can I please join the 2026 edition? I would like to keep the number 23 if I can. In terms of target, £5,000 again. 2025 did not go as planned but 2026 will be sparkling I am sure.

    @julicorn you are a wonder for running this challenge.

    Bounty 
    2026 MFW No:23
    MFiT-T7 12
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Please can I join again, happy to keep number 7. I am going to try for an ambitious £5000.
    MFW 2026 No. 7 £5308/£5000
    MFiT-T7 No. 6 £13339.66/£30,000
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,299 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    OOOh I found it - phew. I'd like to keep my #2 spot - it makes me feel special.  :smiley:
    Think I'll up my goal to £1,200 this year. I've got my eye on the prize, but also have lots to pay for 2 holidays and 2 residentials one each for the kids. 
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 (new mortgage) - £2.84 December 25
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 25 - 40.34%/33.36%
    MFiT-T7 #21
    MFW 2025 #2
    MF Date: Oct 37 Feb 37
  • @julicorn Can I join again please, looking to save £1100 a month towards a pre deal end overpayment (penaltied) in November 2026, with an overpayment in February 2026 (when it becomes penalty free) of £26000. 

    So a year total of £38,100


    #5 Make £2026 in 2026 £1701.11/£2026
    #63 Mortgage Free Wannabe 2026 OP £7300/£38,100
    Decluttering Campaign 78/2026
    "Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.
  • Hi  @julicorn thank you so much for running this thread.  

    I would like to join again please with my existing number #31.

    If all goes according to plan we should be credit neutral (our happy place)  with only 6k remaining by June 2026. 

    To achieve this l think we will need to OP by £17,500 
    Sorry to be a pain but can l reduce my target to £17,000 - that will be enough to see us credit neutral. 
    Current Balance £6000
    MFW 2026 #31 £17000 / £23,000 OP
    MFIT - T7  

    Property Fund £15,300 / £20,000


    0%CC May 2027-  £5,000

    0% Loan £600.00  - paid ✅️

    Money made £412.75 / £365 (29/09/26)

    Declutter 42 /52 

    Grocery Challenge 2025 £4885.78
    Grocery Challenge 2026 Jan £328.20, Feb £297.01, Mar £352.91, April £422.85, May £358.26, June £431.70,July £282.06

    The final countdown to June 2026 - Page 4 — MoneySavingExpert Forum


  • Hello 👋🏻 I think I must have missed this thread several times when I looked for it 😆.

    I'd like to join in again please! (Happy to take any number if you want to fill in gaps but I was 37).

    I'd like to get our mortgage below £150,000 and as close to £140k as possible by mid 2027 before we remortgage so we can get a good rate. I've done a bit of working out and I think if we can make £4500 on OPs then we will be in a good place to definitely get to my higher end goal. 

    Thank you @julicorn for running this again 😊 good luck everyone! 

    Emergency Fund - £1000 
    Baby cash emergency fund £120/250 
    Mortgage OP goal 2026 - £1200/£4500 
    Groceries October £ 158.27/500

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.