We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Will this still class as a sanction
Comments
-
@Spoonie_Turtle hi I didn't want to make a new post for this so thought I'd put it here.
I finished my last notice day yesterday and today is my first official day free from my job can I ask when I counting the 91 days do I include weekends or just weekdays?0 -
I would think it's every day, I haven't seen anything in the guidance to suggest it's just weekdays. Have a look at the link I posted on the last page, it just talks about dates and 'number of days' and gives some worked examples.
[But if someone more knowledgeable could confirm either way, that would helpful please!]1 -
It's 91 days in total including weekends and bank holidays etc.Goldenretrieversarelife said:@Spoonie_Turtle hi I didn't want to make a new post for this so thought I'd put it here.
I finished my last notice day yesterday and today is my first official day free from my job can I ask when I counting the 91 days do I include weekends or just weekdays?
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.3 -
So it is 13 weeks exactly.NedS said:
It's 91 days in total including weekends and bank holidays etc.Goldenretrieversarelife said:@Spoonie_Turtle hi I didn't want to make a new post for this so thought I'd put it here.
I finished my last notice day yesterday and today is my first official day free from my job can I ask when I counting the 91 days do I include weekends or just weekdays?0 -
Wanted to update everyone here since you all helped me so much. I left my old jobs at the end of April and took a month out before looking for work to relax and get myself back to myself after being in a job that was affecting me mentally.
I started looking for jobs at the begining of this month and on my second interview I got the job and start in a few weeks time. Really excited and looking forward to the future and glad I avoided UC.6 -
Good luck in your new job
Let's Be Careful Out There1 -
Goldenretrieversarelife said:Wanted to update everyone here since you all helped me so much. I left my old jobs at the end of April and took a month out before looking for work to relax and get myself back to myself after being in a job that was affecting me mentally.
I started looking for jobs at the begining of this month and on my second interview I got the job and start in a few weeks time. Really excited and looking forward to the future and glad I avoided UC.@Goldenretrieversarelife That's great news - congratulations on the new job.I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.1 -
I’ve read your thread with interest as I went through something similar quite a few years ago. I left a job I hated and went back to College for a year to upgrade my qualifications. The rules back then allowed you to do this if you were studying for something that had a skills shortage and they would pay your benefit for the length of the course. I had a great time, made some new friends and the icing on the cake was I won a prize for having the highest marks in the country (It was an LCCI course and most colleges did it). I found a brilliant new job which was with a mental health charity which really helped with my depression.
Im pleased that you got a job so quickly, that should help with your mental health. I wish you lots of luck for the future. Please let us know how you get onMB1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


