We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

RWG Down for me - anybody else?

Stompa
Stompa Posts: 8,420
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
I'm currently getting 'No service'/'No signal' on my RWG SIM, does anybody else have the same problem?

I have another phone with an RWG SIM here which is working fine.
Stompa
«1345

Comments

  • They seem to be having quite a few service issues recently. I wonder what's going on?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,420
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They seem to be having quite a few service issues recently. I wonder what's going on?
    I don't know, but fingers crossed that it'll be working by the morning - though I'm not overly optimistic!

    Stompa
  • alanjones60
    alanjones60 Posts: 621
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 19 February 2025 at 12:47AM
    Mine saying emergency calls only,but text messages still send
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,420
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Mine saying emergency calls only
    Thanks, sounds like it may not just be me then.

    I usually have my phone set to 'Automatically select network', but if I try to manually select 'Now 4G' I get 'Now 4G is unavailable'. Hopefully there's just some maintenance going on somewhere, and the problem will resolve itself.
    Stompa
  • Similar here in south-west Wales. My partner and I have 4 RWG SIMs between us, 2 are working, 2 are not. Strange.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 15,907
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Stompa said:
    I'm currently getting 'No service'/'No signal' on my RWG SIM, does anybody else have the same problem?


    Ah, sort of nice to know it's not just me.

    Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,420
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    FWIW I spoke to support earlier today. They said they'd already had several customers reporting the same issue, and added my number to the list for further investigation. Still not working though.
    Stompa
  • lon_don
    lon_don Posts: 196
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In London. Not working for me either. I have 1 of the original 50/250MB/totally free RWG SIM. I thought they finally pulled the rug on it !
  • RWG back for me now.
    Anyone else got service back now?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,420
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    RWG back for me now.
    Anyone else got service back now?
    Still not working for me unfortunately.
    Stompa
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.