We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Let's get this sorted then!

1…122123124125126128»

Comments

  • Rhyddid2026
    Rhyddid2026 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I think it's a little bit wrong to be excited about the DDs coming out tomorrow 😂

    Debts                04/01/25       01/09/26  
    CC1                   £14,122.71     - 
    CC2                     -                   £6,975
    CC3                   £6,112.60      £6,495
    1st Direct CC     £176.03         £151.44
    CC total             £20,411.34    £13,621.44
    OD                     £1100            £0
    Car loan             £4,000          £2,400
    1st Direct Loan  £10,684.44    £3,825
    Total                  £36,195.78    £19,846.44
    EF £2,800
    HF £3
    EB £250
  • I also look forward to the all bills coming out on the first. Bring on the great monthly money shuffle!

    Debt free dairy. Busting this debt before 42. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6655663/busting-this-debt-before-42#latest

    Starting date January 2026
    Car loan: £23,000 / £14,278
    Laptop loan: £1,500 / £0

    I eat far too much chocolate...
  • Rhyddid2026
    Rhyddid2026 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I had 2 work issues last night that pushed me to my limit. So when I eventually got into bed I booked the cabin. It's gonna be another tight month but I should be able to do it if I'm careful.

    In other news.... My roof loan was originally 12k, it was 10.7k when I started this journey. Today it is ........ £3,825!! I'm in the final third!!

    Debts                04/01/25       01/09/26  
    CC1                   £14,122.71     - 
    CC2                     -                   £6,975
    CC3                   £6,112.60      £6,495
    1st Direct CC     £176.03         £151.44
    CC total             £20,411.34    £13,621.44
    OD                     £1100            £0
    Car loan             £4,000          £2,400
    1st Direct Loan  £10,684.44    £3,825
    Total                  £36,195.78    £19,846.44
    EF £2,800
    HF £3
    EB £250
  • Rhyddid2026
    Rhyddid2026 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    If I'm going to stay up late working, I might as well do my Friday finance check at midnight, right?

    I have now made payments to a regular saver for a whole 12 months. That's the first time I've been able to save consistently for about 25 years. Well done me.

    The CC's don't look like I've paid anything since last month, but that's because I did some balance transfers and the DD's are set up for the middle of the month. I'll change them to the start of the month soon.

    The small balance on the food and fuel credit card is the deposit for the cabin, but I'll do some money shuffles to clear that over the weekend.

    The headline is that my debt is now under 20k!!

    Signature updated!

    😍

    Debts                04/01/25       01/09/26  
    CC1                   £14,122.71     - 
    CC2                     -                   £6,975
    CC3                   £6,112.60      £6,495
    1st Direct CC     £176.03         £151.44
    CC total             £20,411.34    £13,621.44
    OD                     £1100            £0
    Car loan             £4,000          £2,400
    1st Direct Loan  £10,684.44    £3,825
    Total                  £36,195.78    £19,846.44
    EF £2,800
    HF £3
    EB £250
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    😍 that 20k figure!!! Go you and yay to the cabin

  • Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Well done on booking the cabin, so glad you have organised thar break 😊 and super fab for under 20k what an inspiration ⭐️

    Debt 13-1-25 - £39K!!!
    Mortgage 13-1-25 - £63K

    Mt DFW Diary: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6580353/at-an-all-time-low#latest
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.