We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Zopa Current account
Comments
-
I requested the coffee voucher on 15 Sep which lasts till 15 Oct. Used it on Saturday in nero and worked fine. I guess I can claim next one on 15 Oct. Both apps are on same phone but against different email addresses.
3 -
Just received an email from Zopa saying my bonus rate has been extended to 22nd April 2027 as I have more than £10K in the account. Need to keep at least £10K in an Access account or a DD on the biscuit account at all times otherwise the rate will fall.
I wonder if this is in response to Ulster Bank also extending their bonus rates, which is where my savings were heading if this hadn't happened.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%1 -
So a £150 direct debit to Moneybox not only nets you £4.50 cashback but also retains the 4.45% boosted savings rate?
1 -
Guessed they might do something like that otherwise they were going to have a huge outflow I would have thought (especially with increasing rates elsewhere). Still might get the wife to move the money in hers to Tesco IS account as it pays a little more but not quite the same urgency now.
By the way has anyone else who is using an iPad had a problem getting the Caffè Nero app to open (seeing as it is seemingly needed for the free Zopa coffee). When I go to log in with my existing account, it goes to a screen that says it needs updating, click that link and it goes to the App Store but no Update available there (despite refreshing, reinstalling app, rebooting etc). I've been onto the app developers support but so far they've just said to try the usual basic stuff which I've already done.
0 -
Yes it does.
Though 4.45% is now second tier. There were (may be still are?) better rates at Cynergy, First Active, Saga, Tesco. My Zopa savings balance has been £0 for nearly 2 months now and is unlikely to grow anytime soon.
0 -
Point taken.
I didn't jump on any of those, as I didn't think the extra 0.1% or whatever warranted opening yet another banking app.
Zopa 4.45% is still decent and works for me. Instant transfers, no max limits (already filled a few Cahoot SDS), and crucially for me, has an app. Spring Accelerate saver, which I don't have, is probably what I should consider opening as an alternative to Zopa.
1 -
Spring Accelerate saver, which I don't have, is probably what I should consider opening as an alternative to Zopa.
Better be quick if you decide you want this account - only available until next Wednesday.
1 -
just noticed that
0 -
Appreciate the difference is not big. Don't underestimate the Tesco app, though - I find it so much easier to use compared with Zopa, so for me that's an extra bonus.
0 -
I did open a Revolut account which still has the boosted 5% rate for another couple of months, but the app kept crashing (and still does), so I've written that off. Thankfully, I was able to empty the account and vowed never to add any more cash to it.
Had a few issues with Zopa when they changed the app recently, but i've got my head around it now. Just select 'move' and you can shift money around easily.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

