Cover Girl Studio

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
115 replies 42K views
167891012»

Replies

• edited 21 September 2010 at 8:11PM
    mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    44.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 September 2010 at 8:11PM
    If it is free then it should cost exactly nothing, no deposit not even one penny never mind 30 quid:eek:.

The competiton "winners" have won nothing apart from the chance to wear some studio make-up

Unless you count as a prize the chance to be subjected to a hard sell to buy some photographs and the often stressful and time consuming experience of trying to get back the deposit.

• enderitenderit Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely, well done :)
  • kittykat23ukkittykat23uk Forumite
    118 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I got accosted at Liverpool street station a few weeks back by a guy claiming to be from Elite studios. He said they were promoting this offer, same as reported here. £35 deposit you and a coupl of friends, book in and get a free make over and photoshoot and a photo to keep. he didn't menion what size photo and as I live in Norwich and only go there for work I didn't think much of it at the time. Just had a call from a woman from there saying the offer was still available, can we book you a provisional date etc. Then she asked me for the deposit to which I politely declined as I hadn't had chance to check them out online (expecting it to be a hard sell for the photos and concerned about giving them a deposit). She said oh the offer expires today, hmm yeah right..

I don't think I'll bother.
  • I did exactly the same thing. Paid the deposit then tried to cancel. Finally got to speak to Ricky at Elite STudios who is a manager who authorised a refund for £60 of the £70 deposit.

Sadly this was on 22nd August and still nothing has appeared...

I can no longer get anyone to answer the phone or respond to emails.

Not quite sure what to do anymore
  • hails84 wrote: »
    This is ridiculous!!!

The 'positive experiences' are quite clearly (on the whole) by the them/people affiliated with the company in my opinion...most are by 'first-time posters' who obviously TRY to cover this up by posting first to say 'oooh i've won, i don't know whether to go along with it BLAH BLAH BLAH...' making out they have the same concerns, then their second and 'final' post on this forum miraculously praises the day/experience, although with little faults thrown in to make it more authentic!!

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!!!!

My reponse to this forum is completely legitimate and I have no connection to Covergirl at all. You can find me on facebook - Sarah Louise James. I have 4 photographs that I purchased on the day. Add me as a friend to see them
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides