Cover Girl Studio

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
115 replies 42K views

Replies

• sparky61sparky61 Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    catowen wrote: »
    Lots of posters on here with only 1 post saying how great they are and never posting again!!!!

This def sounds like a scam - and i would never pay for a competition prize, thats not a prize to me!!!

I was just about to post the same thing :rolleyes:
  • I just got a call from Cover Girl studios, the woman wanted me to pay £30 upfront which she said I'd get back. When I said I wasn't sure about it she said that *after* I'd paid, I would get a confirmation number or something and I could ring Barclays with this number so they could confirm the transaction was legitimate. I said there wasn't much point finding out after I'd paid but she insisted there was no other way. I said I wanted to find out more and she directed me to their own website and told me not to Google it. When I said I'd found bad comments on here she told me their competetitors post bad reviews on websites... Definitely sounds like a scam to me! As I think somebody pointed out, it's not worth the risk even if it is legit, might as well spend the money on a nice haircut that you know you can take home with you!
  • Hi all, this is my first post so bare with me lol. Igot a call on Sat 27 Sept 08 saying i'd won a make over and photo shoot for me and 2 family members or me and 1 friend, i was over the moon i'd won as i've never won anything before:0)):j. The lady told me the days they were open (Wed-Sun), told me i'd have cocktails,champayne etc basicly treated like royalty,;-0 '''Great i said''', then she said i'd have to pay a refundable deposit of £30, thats when alarm bells started ringing,:o( i asked her for her name and phone number which she gave me straight away and i told her i'd get back to her with a date when i'd comfirmed things with my mum as she works nights and i told her that, she was fine with it but i haven't got back to her yet and don't no if i will after all your posts. What do you think~Scam or Legitimate!!!!!!! :confused:
  • I think Scam ;)

A win is a win, you shouldnt have to PAY for it
  • they were very rude to me when i said i dont want pay money up front, i do modeling part time and you should never pay anything.
    feb wins, head badminton kit, 250g sea salt scrub
    prizes £32.99 :j
  • i also had photos at double take and they asked for 1 pound for me and my friend they never got funny with us they refunded our money and we had a great day, we were never forced to pay for photos and alot of friends had experianced the day to, so yes double take are very good, but cover girl were nasty and horrid when i said i would nt pay 30 pounds that i never heard of them.
    feb wins, head badminton kit, 250g sea salt scrub
    prizes £32.99 :j
  • (For those of you who don't want to wade through my lengthy comment... the main point of it is GO FOR IT! It's not a scam.)

Hi everyone, I got a call from covergirl, paid the deposit, then though: oh !!!!, why did i just give my details to some mysterious, nameless woman at the other end of the phone?
    I went on the internet for reassurance, found this and was not so reassured. I tried to phone the woman back, and didn't get an answer for ages. When I got through to her to try to withdraw, she would not allow me.
    DODGEy DODGEY DODGEY I AGREE!

HOWEVER...
    She did give me the addres of the place, 34 Mortimer Street, which is behind Oxford Street. As luck would have it it was right by where I work, so I went down, somewhat flustered, and checked it out.

To my surprise... It really did exist! And was a cool plce, with funky wall paper and lighting.

I went to my make over, and had a great day. I have sicne accompanied a friend to a similar free day at studia 52. I must admit that studio 52 used better quality makeup, and the photos were classier. But its a free day of pampering! Go for it!

All the people above who've been and are still saying it's a con. I can't understand why! Surely its better to have the photos on CD so you can get as many print as you like? And blow them up as much as you like?
    And yes, they are VERY expensive, and you do only get one free, but thats what they tell you your getting, its not like they deceive you!
    I walked out of there, waering my make up, hair looking v sexy, with my free photo, after 4 hours of pampering, and much tea / coffee / juice / bad quality wine, and quite frankly, all that fro free, I feel more like I've conned them.

Go for it if you get the chance.
    I know it sounds dodgey, and i still can't beleive I gave my card detaisl to a stranger on te phone, but on that occasion I dont regret it.
  • (For those of you who don't want to wade through my lengthy comment... the main point of it is GO FOR IT! It's not a scam.)

Hi everyone, I got a call from covergirl, paid the deposit, then though: oh !!!!, why did i just give my details to some mysterious, nameless woman at the other end of the phone?
    I went on the internet for reassurance, found this and was not so reassured. I tried to phone the woman back, and didn't get an answer for ages. When I got through to her to try to withdraw, she would not allow me.
    DODGEy DODGEY DODGEY I AGREE!

HOWEVER...
    She did give me the addres of the place, 34 Mortimer Street, which is behind Oxford Street. As luck would have it it was right by where I work, so I went down, somewhat flustered, and checked it out.

To my surprise... It really did exist! And was a cool plce, with funky wall paper and lighting.

I went to my make over, and had a great day. I have sicne accompanied a friend to a similar free day at studia 52. I must admit that studio 52 used better quality makeup, and the photos were classier. But its a free day of pampering! Go for it!

All the people above who've been and are still saying it's a con. I can't understand why! Surely its better to have the photos on CD so you can get as many print as you like? And blow them up as much as you like?
    And yes, they are VERY expensive, and you do only get one free, but thats what they tell you your getting, its not like they deceive you!
    I walked out of there, waering my make up, hair looking v sexy, with my free photo, after 4 hours of pampering, and much tea / coffee / juice / bad quality wine, and quite frankly, all that fro free, I feel more like I've conned them.

Go for it if you get the chance.
    I know it sounds dodgey, and i still can't beleive I gave my card detaisl to a stranger on te phone, but on that occasion I dont regret it.
  • ktflosspotktflosspot Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Originally Posted by catowen viewpost.gif
    Lots of posters on here with only 1 post saying how great they are and never posting again!!!!

This def sounds like a scam - and i would never pay for a competition prize, thats not a prize to me!!!

sparky61 wrote: »
    I was just about to post the same thing :rolleyes:

NO NO !!!!! It's just lots of people who could only post once coz they are too busy phoning people to say they have won this prize:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :AIt matters not how long a stars shines ,what is remembered is the brightness of it's light.
    JAN Battle attacks cars, 3 VIP althletics tickets, fairtrade choccy .... yum

Thanks to all posters xxxx
  • kate705kate705 Forumite
    133 Posts
    Hi there,

I got a call at about 11am today saying congratulations etc....it was studio 54!!!!

The woman gave a really long talk about how wonderful the experience would be and how they were connected to Kate Moss etc. Warning bells happened when she said that it will cost £98.99 for the photos. It was only when I looked on here that I realised what a scam it is. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals