🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Las Vegas Thread and MSE guide

Options

Comments

• nvh
    nvh Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    we made it to around 7:30pm last time... then just collapsed on the bed (as others have said) till approx. 6am - that was the first night

second night we got woken up at 6am by millions of fireworks and a stampede of santa's running down the street!!!

only in Vegas
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    November/December
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    Also - pebblesmax, are you the pebbles I have met - from OpenVegas, or are you a different pebbles? :)

Hi ferf, yes it's the same pebbles. I couldn't join up here as just pebbles, so added my second cat to my name. Will you be there in November again this year? We are booked from 4th November. Also hoping to get there in May/June all being well.
  • atro1
    atro1 Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Options
    May
    Done what Ferf said[post 437] about changing cash.With Travelex, pricepromised it with Thomas exchange. Worked very well and quick. Travelex sending me a cheque for the difference. Not a vast amount but its nice to get something for nothing. Now picking dollars up on Sunday at Gatwick.Thanks Ferf!
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I am with others to....we get there usually around late afternoon and keep going as long as possible, then crash about 9pm (or before). Usually fine after that, dont know where you got the 3 days in from pink.

have a great time and forget about shopping on the first day.
  • pinkpinkfizz
    Options
    atro1 wrote: »
    Had not realized it was quite so close!!! Will have to think about getting the cases down [3 between the two of us.]

Now clinkclinkfizz you are going to behave on this aeroplane! First drink is on you!! [who will be the first to tell us the drinks are free]
    See you all in 6 weeks and clink clink see you monday!!

Atro1 !!!! The flight is on Sunday!!!!! :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm sure you know that but I was awake for ages last night rechecking the dates/days in my head! :rotfl:

Free drinks on the plane, sounds like my kind of travel ;) lol

xx
    pinkpinkfizz

I :heartpuls MSE
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    March
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    Hi ferf, yes it's the same pebbles. I couldn't join up here as just pebbles, so added my second cat to my name. Will you be there in November again this year? We are booked from 4th November. Also hoping to get there in May/June all being well.

Well - hi! Very nice to see you over in these parts. November is probably not going to happen for us this year as we're taking my husband's parents - so planning on going a bit earlier when it will be a bit warmer - late September/early October I think. We will be there 3 nights in June though -the 18th, 19th and 20th from what I can reacall - tacking a short Vegas trip on after a visit to the US family. :)

If you do book for June and are there when we are would love to meet up with you two again!
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    Options
    March
    atro1 wrote: »
    Done what Ferf said[post 437] about changing cash.With Travelex, pricepromised it with Thomas exchange. Worked very well and quick. Travelex sending me a cheque for the difference. Not a vast amount but its nice to get something for nothing. Now picking dollars up on Sunday at Gatwick.Thanks Ferf!

Excellent! I'm going at lunch to buy some dollars I think as I'm close to TEG and LinkFx...saw their rates jumped up to 1.96 yesterday so I think I'm going to jump on that and exchange a bit and keep my eye on it. :)

Enjoy your trip and tell us about it when you get back!
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    Options
    March
    trets77 wrote: »
    but it is hard to get it just right with all the sign in and a image of your self you can see ( that blurry figure is me folks by the way )

Awesome! I love to put faces with names (even if they're dark and somewhat blurry). Shapes with names, at least. :)

I never knew that there was a guy taking photos there. We may have to make a point to do this next trip - we have never actually stopped at the sign in 8 trips.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    Froggit it right, it will feel like much later. If you manage to stay up for as long as possible it might not be too bad, but most likely you will wake up at the crack of dawn the next day.
    I woke up at 3am and went down for five hours of blackjack before the brekkie buffet.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    trets77 wrote: »
    on your way back from outlet center you will go past the Las Vegas sign , which makes a great photo opportunity
    The lads on way to Outlet Mall before going on to the airport

img_0825751.jpg.xs.jpg
    illegitimi non carborundum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business