PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What is the most expensive house currently on sale within 5 miles of yourself?

Options
And would you buy if you had the money
Without naming location
 1.5m for mine and no I wouldn't

Comments

• _Penny_Dreadful
    _Penny_Dreadful Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    £7.5 million and no I wouldn’t. There is a limit to how many bathrooms I’m prepared to clean. 
  • arthurdick
    arthurdick Posts: 3,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 May at 2:46AM
    Options
    £35 million and no, I would not buy it but I do love the location.   Out of the next 124  properties that takes you down to  £5m, there are much better houses that I would love to buy.  
     Most of those properties are flats though.
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines! Back home in London now after 27years wait! Duvet know it's Christmas, not original, it's a cover.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Whole street full of fabulous houses where they sell for £1 million.  Yes I would buy one but they rarely come on the market and are snapped up very quickly when they do 
  • funny_bones
    funny_bones Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    3.5 million for a grade II listed stately home. 4.5 acres with outbuildings, parking for 10 cars and a cottage. 
    No, I might get lost going to the bathroom. 
  • Sapindus
    Sapindus Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £2.2 million with 11 acres and no, too much glass (aka "contemporary").  Next one down is £1.6 million with 6 acres and yes I might go for that one, it's a bit more traditional in design.  It's an interesting question as I want to move out of the area but a lot of that is to do with being able to afford more land.
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 May at 7:55AM
    Options
    £4.8 million. And, no, I wouldn't buy if I had the money. I like the swimming pool, but wouldn't want the hassle of maintaining it. Originally I thought this was a 3D render of plans, but it seems that this is actually a real photo. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/148074938#/?channel=RES_BUY

• booksandbikes
    booksandbikes Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £5.95 million and no I wouldn't buy it.
  • Bookworm105
    Bookworm105 Posts: 260 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    technically the answer may well be Price on Application
    The next available open price is £17 million in Golf Club Road, and no it is not an estate I want to live on 
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 May at 8:13AM
    Options
    £2.2m.  Yes and no - beautiful house, but too big to be 'home'.  And would need a team of gardeners for the grounds.

• annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    £3.25m and its stunning, 9 acres, 7 Bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 2 bed coach house, orangery, tree lined drives. Indoor pool, sauna hot tub. Gorgeous landscaped gardens. The only downside is the modern but meh grey kitchen. 

So, yes I'd buy it! 

I'd love to know the running costs of a house like that! 

Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family