PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss Challenge - 2nd Quarter 2024

Options

Comments

• sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,679 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 April at 11:27AM
    Options
    Hi all 

May I please join? I have a fair bit to shift so I am hoping to make some real changes to my health as well. 
    Im about 6st over weight so I am looking to try to lose at least a stone by the end of June so can I please be put down for 14lbs.

Ill go for a friday weight in but also have set myself a step challenge for the month to try and keep me motivated. I barely walked 3000 steps a day before - inactive, depressed and unmotivated - but have been around the 5-6000 mark recently so aiming for 8000 a day or to get to 130,000 steps in April so have an incentive to keep going. 
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nice to see you Sammy_Kaye, good luck with the challenge 

Charlies_tribe well done in recognising a bad food choice and changing it 👏

Bazza I try to avoid daily weighing I try to just the one but will admit to two or three 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Bazzalona13295
    Bazzalona13295 Posts: 842 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Brambling said:
    Nice to see you Sammy_Kaye, good luck with the challenge 

Charlies_tribe well done in recognising a bad food choice and changing it 👏

Bazza I try to avoid daily weighing I try to just the one but will admit to two or three 
    Tbh I agree, its not anything I've ever tried, or thought was a particularly good idea. I know a chap who has lost a lot of weight and now religiously weighs himself every day.

I always thought - still do - he was a touch obsessive about it, you have to live and enjoy living.

But if it slows my Sat/Sun intake down instead of the weekly 'ok, come on, you really have to have 4 or 5 good days now' slightly panicked routine come Mon/Tues its worth a go.

Every week I do the same so its madness thinking the results will change if I don't. If nothing else the Tues weigh in will be an eye opener to reveal the damage I do of a weekend!
  • Foofoopuppy
    Foofoopuppy Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Bazza, I only record once here, but I try to weigh myself 3-4 times a week so I can see when I've been overindulging and hopefully pull it back.

I log those on the app I use for calorie counting, and can see when I've fallen off the wagon there's a long period of not weighing myself!

I'm not sure if it helps when I'm stuck not losing, but I do find it encourages me to see progress which in turn makes me less likely to give in to the evening snack cravings.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure