NST April 2024: April appreciation

Options

Comments

• Esmeralda2662
    Esmeralda2662 Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Turtles, can't believe we're nearly at the start of May. Where did the time go?! 

So much for holiday doing you good! Had 5 days in Weymouth on a pensioners bus trip and caught covid. Never crossed my mind it was that until I got home. The red lines appeared so quickly I thought it was faulty! Anyway, my mum (85) went in one room and I had the other and by some miracle she avoided catching it, thank goodness. My boyfriend wasn't so lucky and caught it as we'd shared a room on holiday. All recovered now, tested negative and gone back to work. Just shows that Covid is still out there.

On the plus side I have managed to achieve 9NSD mainly due to isolating and feeling too ill to go out. Another plus is that we've eaten various foods from the freezer and cupboards that needed using up. Had a casserole with some instant mash tonight instead of fresh potatoes and over 2 nights ate up a Christmas pudding left over from Christmas. A friend gave me 6 cans of rice pudding they dont want so they'll be next.

The op on my finger is booked for this Friday. It should work out quite well as it's May Day holiday weekend so an extra day off work. Boss has told me they'll pay me sick pay if I need time off as I had the injury at work. Hope I won't need much.

Felt motivated enough to vac my car out and I love it looking so clean and tidy.

Grateful for covid not being as bad as the 1st time, mum not catching it, the car being tidy, some time at the seaside despite everything, 9NSD and my op finally coming round.

Thanks @apple_muncher for running April. See you all for May. X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure