Lebara - can't call leisure centre and Green Flag 0345 nos - ideas on alternative

Options

Comments

• TC77
    TC77 Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    dc_scotland They've told me that it is only individual's phone numbers and business numbers are excluded. I have emailed mse as I followed their link and think if this is the case it should be made explicit. I have asked lebara to escalate my complaint and waiting for a call back.... I will update as and when Lebara or MSE get back to me!
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,313 Forumite
    Options
    TC77 said:
    Thanks for your comments. I'm going back to them as they said clearly business numbers not included but when I dial like the leisure centre and others seems random whether it says not registered on the network. Good to hear others experiences. 
    Your phone saying 'Not registered on the network' is nothing to do with calling businesses. 

That is either a faulty SIM  or a problem with the local mast. 

• TC77
    Options
    Hi PHK, thank you,  can understand when I broke down and maybe remote,  however I told lebara this message and they said I couldn't phone businesses. Getting stranger but hopefully will be explained when they come back to me..have tried the same number when I'm in different places! 
  • reddwarf2002
    reddwarf2002 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 March at 11:40PM
    Options
    I can confirm I was able to call Green Flag 0345 number from my Lebara SIM and it came out of the bundle allowance.

OP can you post the number that you are having an issue with? It's probably a SIM or signal related issue.
  • TC77
    Options
    An update, no response from MSE, and no response from lebara so rang again, and they again said that I can't call premium numbers, I explained this time trying to call a local pharmacy  on usualy 0208 no and they said that's right you can't call and someone will call me back so everything is ok! I explained its not ok unless I can make calls.... waiting for call back and hoping no-one else is in this situation and hope MSE gets back to me. Ordered a new sim in case that's the problem but lebara didn't offer it as a problem.  Will keep updating!
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TC77 said:
    An update, no response from MSE, and no response from lebara so rang again, and they again said that I can't call premium numbers, I explained this time trying to call a local pharmacy  on usualy 0208 no and they said that's right you can't call and someone will call me back so everything is ok! I explained its not ok unless I can make calls.... waiting for call back and hoping no-one else is in this situation and hope MSE gets back to me. Ordered a new sim in case that's the problem but lebara didn't offer it as a problem.  Will keep updating!

Why do you expect a response from MSE?
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    TC77 said:
    Thanks for your comments. I'm going back to them as they said clearly business numbers not included but when I dial like the leisure centre and others seems random whether it says not registered on the network. Good to hear others experiences. 
    Does your phone display a lebara connection before you dial? I had a sim (rwg) which would not auto connect but having manually selected the network in settings it works fine. Is there any pattern to your problems? What happens if you try to call a mobile number straight after failing to connect to a landline?
  • TC77
    Options
    JB I'm concerned that if you have very limited access to numbers I including pharmacies and normal businesses and mse are prompting lebara as one they recommend there will be many people affected, including vulnerable people. They should know if there are major restrictions I think.
  • TC77
    Options
    Savergrant  , I will check this out, thanks
  • reddwarf2002
    reddwarf2002 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TC77 said:
    JB I'm concerned that if you have very limited access to numbers I including pharmacies and normal businesses and mse are prompting lebara as one they recommend there will be many people affected, including vulnerable people. They should know if there are major restrictions I think.
    I and many others have been using Lebara for a while without any issues which you are experiencing so it is not a normal situation.

Premium numbers are not included in the Lebara bundle allowance, you need to have credit to make calls. Although to be perfectly honest, I've never dialled a premium number from my SIM.

You should certainly be able to call landline numbers and 0345 numbers, it being business or personal is irrelevant.

Ignore what the agent has told you, business numbers are not barred if it is a standard UK number. They must have mixed it up with premium numbers. There is obviously an issue with your connection whether it be signal or some sort of SIM provisioning issue.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback