Lebara - can't call leisure centre and Green Flag 0345 nos - ideas on alternative

Options
TC77
TC77 Posts: 1,786 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Hi, checking if other people realised when they take out lebara via MSE that you cannot call 'business numbers' which includes my charity leisure centre and the Greenflag 0345 number which was the one which came up via google when on the motorway hardshoulder. I was really surprised and now looking for a new cheap sim only solution but that doesn't have this restriction.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    https://www.greenflag.com/contact-us

Greenflag its best to use their app as it will help them geolocate you but they have a freephone and geographical telephone number too on their website for someone broken down. 

For other larger companies you can search on https://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php which will give a range of numbers to try potentially. 
  • dc_scotland
    dc_scotland Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    TC77 said:
    Hi, checking if other people realised when they take out lebara via MSE that you cannot call 'business numbers' which includes my charity leisure centre and the Greenflag 0345 number which was the one which came up via google when on the motorway hardshoulder. I was really surprised and now looking for a new cheap sim only solution but that doesn't have this restriction.
    @TC77 I am with Lebara and have no issues calling 0345 numbers.
  • dc_scotland
    Options
    This is from their Rates section about inclusive landline calls:
    • UK landline calls include numbers starting with 01, 02 (excluding Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man landline numbers and other non-landline 01 and 02 numbers) and non-geographic numbers starting with 03.
    https://www.lebara.co.uk/en/rates.html
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    TC77 said:
    @TC77 I am with Lebara and have no issues calling 0345 numbers.
    Does it come out of your bundle allowance or payg credit? I am guessing they are not included in the allowance so are chargeable and will not connect if your balance is £0.
  • dc_scotland
    Options
    It comes out of the bundle, 0345 numbers are included.

• dc_scotland
    edited 25 March at 12:31PM
    Options
    In case anything had changed, I have just put it to the test.  I called 3 different 0345 numbers (incl Green Flag), all connected, and all now show in call history as £0.
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, 0345 numbers are definitely included 
  • newatc
    newatc Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why wouldn't you be able to call business numbers? How could that be defined with some small business perhaps using their home phone number.

• TC77
    TC77 Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. I'm going back to them as they said clearly business numbers not included but when I dial like the leisure centre and others seems random whether it says not registered on the network. Good to hear others experiences. 
  • dc_scotland
    Options
    TC77 said:
    Thanks for your comments. I'm going back to them as they said clearly business numbers not included but when I dial like the leisure centre and others seems random whether it says not registered on the network. Good to hear others experiences. 
    TC77 Let's know how you get on.  It's not the first time Lebara not allowing business calls has been mentioned in the forum, but it wasn't clear previously if that was down to misinformation or a misunderstanding.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback