Cheery's path to fulfilment - finishing the DIY, looking after myself, appreciating the garden 🌻

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,786 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    MatyMoo said:
    I love my steam cleaner for defrosting the freezer, getting rid of limescale from taps and getting to difficult to reach places - mine has several nozzles and attachments. 

The steam mop isn’t as effective on my floors as a proper mop though. 
    That's interesting - I started trying to just mop normally and it seemed worse than the mop so I'm glad it's not just me 😂

Sun is shining, although it's pretty windy. I've done a workout, and my morning pages writing, and after breakfast will get togged up for some outside pottering. Might need to put a wash on, it'll be dry in about five minutes I think!
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I never thought of using the steam cleaner to defrost the freezer.  I will have to see how that goes.  I do use hot water bottles in the small freezing compartment of my fridge to speed defrosting.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MatyMoo said:
    I love my steam cleaner for defrosting the freezer, getting rid of limescale from taps and getting to difficult to reach places - mine has several nozzles and attachments. 

The steam mop isn’t as effective on my floors as a proper mop though. 
    I didn’t realise it would work on limescale - living in an area with extremely hard water, I have a constant battle with limescale so I’ll give it a go next time I have the steamer out!
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
     :D - Cheery you could start a series of the washing blowing in the wind - the filters might catch out any photos of smalls, but I'm sure regular laundry would keep us all entertained!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure