Cheery's path to fulfilment - finishing the DIY, looking after myself, appreciating the garden 🌻

Options
Hi all 😊

I'm Cheery 😊 By name and (usually 🙄) by nature. I've been around here for many years, taking in all the excellent wisdom and trying to use as much of it as possible 😊

We are two, Mr Cheery and I. We have been together for over 18 years 😮 We moved to the countryside six years ago, gained a large mortgage, and a giant To Do list, and I have been feeling slightly overwhelmed ever since. 

We have about £168,000 left on our mortgage, and while we did overpay a bit when we moved, haven't done for a while. We're on a 5 year fix at 2.26% - ending October this year.

I work 4 days a week (officially 🙄), a mix of at home and an hour away. Mr Cheery has his works pension, and does some self employed bits and pieces too. His state pension is due in just over 5 years. I'm a fair bit younger, and won't be retiring any time soon unless we win the premium bonds 😂

I'm starting this new diary now because it feels like a good point to consolidate (not debts!! We don't have any except the mortgage!) and to get our house in order, literally and figuratively.

We've been here 6 years, which has gone in the blink of an eye, and in less than 6 years Mr Cheery will be state pension age. I want to be working less than I do now, and I also want the house FINISHED, the garden under control, and me to feel happy and healthy 😊 Easy, straightforward goals! 😂

I love nothing more than plotting and scheming with a cuppa and a notebook in a cafe, so I do tend to post a lot with plans and ideas, some of which never quite make it to fruition 😂 I love hearing what other people are up to, so please do grab a biscuit and join me while I try to get closer to the end of the DIY list, appreciate rather than resent my wild and unruly garden, chip away at the mortgage, and get a bit fitter and healthier than I am now 😊

Comments

• KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Haven’t read the opening posts yet, but I’m here! 😊👏🤩

KK
    As at 17.03.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £255,571, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 13 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 9th April)
    Produce tracker: £22.24 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh biscuits, I'm in!
    Welcome aboard! I should probably stick to virtual biscuits for the time being 🙄😂
    Me too! 😂😂😉

KK
    As at 17.03.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £255,571, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 13 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 9th April)
    Produce tracker: £22.24 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback