IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim Form - ParkingEye Ltd - DCB Legal Ltd

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'd cover your back by emailing the address to the CNBC again. You MUST also email it to DCB Legal, with all your identifiers - claim number, PCN number etc showing in the email - to ensure they link the notification with your case. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • MagicalOwl12312
    Options
    Does it make a difference if i send the defense as a word document compared to a PDF? I sent it as a word document! 
  • MagicalOwl12312
    MagicalOwl12312 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 March at 1:05PM
    Options
    Of course you tell them too. By email.
    paul@dcblegal.co.uk,
    Ellen@dcblegal.co.uk, (not sure if this is an email, its the legal reps name)
    info@dcblegal.co.uk,

Emailed the above and got an automated response from info@ 

i also sent an extra email, to all the above and the caseprogression.cnbc@, including 
              Case No:
              Claimant:
              Defendant: 
              Claimants Legal Rep:

New postal Address: 
  • BoltonLad1234
    Options
    KeithP said:
    MagicalOwl12312 said:
    A claim was issued against you on 27/02/2024
    Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 05/03/2024.
    Your acknowledgment of service was received on 05/03/2024.

With a Claim Issue Date of 27th February, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 2nd April 2024 to file your Defence.

That's four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
    Hi Keith, any help with this please. Thanks a lot mate

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6510918/claim-form-parkingeye-ltd-dcb-legal-ltd
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 March at 1:15PM
    Options
    Does it make a difference if i send the defense as a word document compared to a PDF? I sent it as a word document! 
    Yes it makes a huge difference.  A word doc is alterable!  You can't send that.

Resend it properly, EXACTLY as the Template Defence first post tells you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,351 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Microsoft Word (assuming you are using that) will allow you to "print to pdf" for your defenCe.
  • MagicalOwl12312
    Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 March at 6:36PM
    Options
    Yes it makes a huge difference.  A word doc is alterable!  You can't send that.

Resend it properly, EXACTLY as the Template Defence first post tells you.
    Okay, will resend as a PDF.
    Updated the Date at the bottom and sent as a new email.
    I recieved the automated message
  • MagicalOwl12312
    Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Also, I would like to add a thank you to everybody who has been helping me through the process.
  • MagicalOwl12312
    Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 April at 7:20PM
    Options

I have received the following email from DCB Legal.

Dear Sirs,

We thank you for your recent email.

We take the confidentiality of our matters very seriously and as a result, we ask you to answer the following security questions in full before we can correspond with you via email.

Please could you confirm:

• Your full name

• First line of your address

• Postcode

By responding to this email, you consent for us to use this email address for communication in relation to your case, this may contain information that is personal to you. When communicating by email, please remember that it may be ‘unsecure’. If at any time, you no longer wish for your personal information to be communicated by email, or you no longer have access to this mailbox, please notify us immediately.

Should you prefer to discuss this matter on the telephone, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0203 434 0437.

the email is from 04/04/2024
    I am under the assumption that I should ignore this and wait for the court to send out the questionnaire.
    The reason I assume I'm supposed to ignore this is because the Bargepoles post says the next step is the questionnaire, so I guess this is just another tactic they use to get money, or, I am completely wrong 
  • MagicalOwl12312
    Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Also, another question. 

The questionnaire that I need to complete, do I have to wait for the Judge to send it to me, or should I download it and do it early, what is the best approach?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback