We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Road To Financial Recovery

1…8788899193

Comments

  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 3,354 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    22: 3🏅 4⭐ 23: 5🏅 6 ⭐ 24 1🏅 2⭐ 25 🏅 🥈2⭐ 26 🥈 Never save something for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. The diff between what you were yesterday and what you'll be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If youre not already using a thing you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney The barrier standing between you & what youre truly capable of isnt lack of info, ideas or techniques. The secret is 'do it'
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Ah another one down…only Friday to go, feeling exhausted. Tomorrow is a day sat in a meeting all day so not much work will be happening. I am looking forward to switching off after tomorrow and going for food and see the show. I am slowly making my way through my to do list but everything seems to take time I just don't have.

    @DancingInTheRain just for you here is today's transfer….£31.34 into annuals pot which is the amount I need to save for next few months to be able to pay for the breakdown cover in one go.

    Budget reset day today. The food budget has survived this week. Petrol should just about be fine, I am finding this budget for the week petrol is going to have increase again by a little bit just to make it comfortable. Tomorrow we have booked a meal out so this will be covered by out eating out budget but I will be driving so no drinking will be done.

    Hope everyone has had a good week

  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I was very glad to get that week over with. It was a very cray week, and ending It with full day meetings wasn't exactly my idea of fun ha. Last night we went out and watched Six which we all absolutely loved! We've always wanted to see it live and it didn't disappoint. We also went out and had food using dining out budget, we didn't factor in the merchandise but ended up buying daughter a t-shirt and a key ring.

    The one thing that has destroyed my week budget this week is school trip and after school clubs…ouch! All good for daughter but yeah deffo not a nice expense so early into the school year 🤣. Today has been a pretty chilled day and tomorrow will be a trip to the tip and food shopping day.

  • BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 3,477 Ambassador
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Ohhh transfer Tuesday soon!

     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Debt owed;

    Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76

    DFW Challenges! 

    365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
    Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
    Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026

    Savings goal £162.79/£1000
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Think tonight is one of those head to busy to sleep kinda nights 😣. Tomorrow isn't too much of a busy day so who needs sleep…right!.

    Monday totally mondayed, however on the positive the day ended with me been able to enjoy my team win at footy last night so every cloud. I also managed to get yet more work added to my pile, like since when does been decent at your job automatically mean you get the work from others argh.

    Finances all looking pretty okay at the moment

    Today's transfer - £15 into the holiday pot. I suspect there is going to need to be spends from the car pot at some point as I need to sort out the car tyre pressure issues at some point, although I know they aren't flat and are safe the light and warnings are annoying 🤣

    I am trying to be a little more thankful for stuff, as there have been a lot of incidents close to home that really highlight how life can just change in an instant and nothing should ever be taken for granted. So whilst I am in a pretty feeling sorry for myself kinda way, I need to be thankful for the blessing I do have.

  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    So my car coolant pipe has burst….fun times 😂, so this needs fixing pretty urgent really. My car beeped at me and flashed up like a bloody xmas tree! Engine overheated whilst I was 30 mins from work so managed to get it back to the office, and then back home but coolant empties as quickly as I put it in and can clearly see where the issue is….bye bye car maintenance / emergency fund ha.

  • Blumming cars! Good that you have funds for the repair though, even if it hurts to spend them 😏

    Debt Busting Again in 2026

    Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994

    Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26

    Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26

    Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344

  • Dakota_Rose
    Dakota_Rose Posts: 847 Forumite
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if something is going to drain an emergency fund, it’s always a blooming car!

    Bad news!

    PBs £3050 (including £1k EF & £1k Christmas fund)
    21/26 books for 2026

    Take the time to find the joy in each day

  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,263 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    We used to spend so much money on blooming cars 😖 I feel your pain. One thing I don’t miss now Mr SA isn’t able to drive. At least you have the funds but still annoying.

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I am hopeful that it is quite a simple/cheapish fix, but we shall see. The car is booked in for Tuesday morning to be looked at so until then I will be working from home (not a bad thing) but the usual weekend stuff is going to be a a few bus journey's taking a bit longer than the 15 min drive ha. It does mean football at weekend will also be public transport so I will maybe have a few drinks instead.

    The car is frustrating both from a savings point and also I rely on it. But yeah the positive is that we do at least have the savings to cover it (providing it isn't worse case scenario) Hope everyone has a good weekend

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.