Has Nationwide stopped producing statements for some accounts?

Options

Comments

• blue.peter
    blue.peter Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    QrizB said:

I can't speak for the other posters, but yes I have been making monthly payments to my Regular Saver but the most recent statement visible online is from November.
    Likewise. I've been making monthly payments to both my Flex Regular Saver and my Start to Save accounts, and haven't missed any. So yes, my missing statements would show transactions.

• Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 April at 5:24PM
    Options
    Have you actually made any transactions on said accounts (not counting accruing annual interest) as if not then there is no reason to generate a statement every month. 

FlexDirect and possibly some of their savings accounts will only ever get PDFs on their online banking by default.
    I have, on all three of mine. I should have had two statements generated for each of my three savings accounts by this point.

• billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We have made payments into both accounts every month.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,778 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I have received an e-mail from my local branch manager in response to the feedback I gave the other day (see above).

She has marked it confidential but I hope she doesn't mind that I tell people that customers have not received some communications including statements since 15th December because the company used has ceased trading, all transactions are visible online. It is anticipated normal services will resume at the beginning of February, including missing statements which can be printed at a branch. Sincere apologies given for the inconvenience.
  • Robbie64
    Options
    Thanks for the above reply.

Some statements (current accounts and also apparently credit cards) are still being produced, both online and in print so Nationwide must also use another company too. I wouldn't have thought online statements would be affected by a third party ceasing to trade.
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,778 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    @Robbie64 said:
    Thanks for the above reply.

Some statements (current accounts and also apparently credit cards) are still being produced, both online and in print so Nationwide must also use another company too. I wouldn't have thought online statements would be affected by a third party ceasing to trade.
    Hi Robbie ... I wonder if there's any tie up with the Lloyds story ... https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6480758/lbg-paper-statement-issues#latest
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like the company they use to print statements are going bust soo look like they cutting down on savings account statements for now! 

Anymore got any answers from nationwide 
  • Robbie64
    edited 9 February at 10:03AM
    Options
    I never got a reply back from Nationwide so had to contact them again via chat. The person I spoke to didn't know why there was a problem (nor acknowledge there was one) but said she would generate a printed statement for each savings account and this would reset everything with statements following each month afterwards. We shall see but I don't think it will solve the problem, especially if its because Nationwide are possibly deliberately suppressing statements.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Robbie64 said:
    I never got a reply back from Nationwide so had to contact them again via chat. The person I spoke to didn't know why there was a problem (nor acknowledge there was one) but said she would generate a printed statement for each savings account and this would reset everything with statements following each month afterwards. We shall see but I don't think it will solve the problem, especially if its because Nationwide are possibly deliberately suppressing statements.
    As has been mentioned on this thread already, there was a printing company that did lots of these that went bust, that is the issue. They need to find a new company that offers the same sort of secure service but with ever decreasing demand as more and more people go paperless. The issue really is that paper statements are redundant and nobody needs them, just an ever smaller number of people still want them for whatever reason. Finding a setup that is commercially viable is thus not as simple as the days before online when every bank would be sending reams of paper every hour. With the ever increasing worry of carbon footprint and cost of posting things, it's only going one way.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback