Has Nationwide stopped producing statements for some accounts?

Options

Comments

• HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,546 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    QrizB said:
    I can't quite understand why the lack of a company to print and post paper statements means that pdf statements are missing from our on-line Nationwide accounts, though.

This is speculation on my part, with zero knowledge of their systems other than knowing they are not very good - but I would suggest it's probably because the 'generation' process includes sending it off to be printed (if requested). If they let generation continue, then they wouldn't easily be able to work out which historic statements still need to be printed and not.

Pausing generation of statements was perhaps felt to be a cleaner solution.
  • Lions_89
    Lions_89 Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Isn’t this the same one used by LLOYDS?

I believe HSBC also used them and switched to someone else (based on the fact that the statement changed slightly a few months ago, no hole punch etc)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    I am writing this as I have noticed yesterday that I haven't had bank statements for savings account either for 2 months.  I have The Flex Regular Saver Issue 2 8.00% interest.  Reading your comments from the author of this thread it appears the accounts this applies  to are all account that you can no longer apply for such as Flex Regular Saver Issue 2 and Start to Save Issue 2.  That might be the reason.  There is now a new Flex Regular Saver Issue 3 available as I have read Issue 2 has been pulled after just under 5 months.
  • WillPS
    edited 27 February at 5:17PM
    Options
    Hjl68 said:
    Hello,
    I am writing this as I have noticed yesterday that I haven't had bank statements for savings account either for 2 months.  I have The Flex Regular Saver Issue 2 8.00% interest.  Reading your comments from the author of this thread it appears the accounts this applies  to are all account that you can no longer apply for such as Flex Regular Saver Issue 2 and Start to Save Issue 2.  That might be the reason.  There is now a new Flex Regular Saver Issue 3 available as I have read Issue 2 has been pulled after just under 5 months.
    I don't think this is the case, as Issue 2 only went NLA (no longer available) on Friday and this issue predates that. It also applies to products with general availability - like the Instant Access Saver mentioned in the original post.

Welcome to the forum btw!

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi, Thank You for the welcome.
    Update, I just asked in my local Nationwide and apparently they have just stopped issuing them for savings accounts, especially if you only make one transaction per month.
  • WillPS
    edited 27 February at 5:17PM
    Options
    Hi, Thank You for the welcome.
    Update, I just asked in my local Nationwide and apparently they have just stopped issuing them for savings accounts, especially if you only make one transaction per month.

That sounds a little like branch stuff making stuff up to be honest. Not that it really matters.
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 February at 11:46PM
    Options
    It seems like Nationwide staff are simply making up things as they go along with different explanations being given by different members of staff. Nationwide need to put something on their website, preferably in the accounts Q&A pages, or even on the home page.
    I'm not overly bothered that statements aren't being issued. But I am interested in finding out why they aren't been issued.
  • AltaNate
    AltaNate Posts: 20 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Noticed lack of download in January and put it down to year change IT issue (it shouldn’t be). Left it a while and still no statement available in February. Called customer service and got fobbed off (didn’t know). Then did another call and they explained about the company going into administration. Why not brief customer service?

No mention that I could see anywhere on their website or message inside online banking. Not particularly impressed and doubt they will retrospectively create backdated statements. 

• Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AltaNate said:
    Noticed lack of download in January and put it down to year change IT issue (it shouldn’t be). Left it a while and still no statement available in February. Called customer service and got fobbed off (didn’t know). Then did another call and they explained about the company going into administration. Why not brief customer service?

No mention that I could see anywhere on their website or message inside online banking. Not particularly impressed and doubt they will retrospectively create backdated statements. 

Following on from my contact with them, I received statements from them (see my posts) which looked exactly the same as the ones I can print out. They took 3 weeks to arrive.

I agree that Customer Service should be briefed rather than leaving it to invididual members of staff to make up reasons why no statements have arrived.

For clarification, it's only savings accounts that are affected. My current accounts statements are still produced each month and are available to save as PDFs / arrive in the post.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback