Has Nationwide stopped producing statements for some accounts?

Options
Robbie64
Robbie64 Posts: 1,943 Forumite
Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 1 February at 10:35PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
This probably should be in Savings & Investments rather than Budgeting & Bank Accounts but as it affects a number of Nationwide accounts I've posted it here.

Has anyone else not had any statements generated for some of their accounts over the past two months? I have 4 Nationwide accounts, one current, three savings accounts. My current account statement is still being generated each month so there's no problem with that. However, I've had no statements generated for my three savings accounts since 1 December 2023. Normally a statement for each account is generated each month for me to download. I also get a paper statement sent to me. Those too have stopped.

The three savings accounts I am referring to are:

Instant Access Saver (last statement generated: 19/11/23)
Flex Instant Saver 2 (01/12/23)
Start To Save 2 (24/11/23)

Prior to this, each account generated a statement for me to download each month. I also would receive a paper statement. The last statements available to view are the ones listed above. It's possible that the frequency of statements has changed though I don't recall getting any notification of this. I also can't see anywhere where I can view how frequent statements are issued other than up to the dates above they were available to download each month.

I'll phone them tomorrow but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation of suddenly not receiving statements after always getting one each month?

Comments

• blue.peter
    blue.peter Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 February at 11:07PM
    Options
    Huh. It looks as if you're not the only one.

I hadn't realised that statements were produced for my Start to Save account, but have just checked it. There are statements in the archive up to 13 December 2023, but none after that.

The same goes for my Flex Regular Saver.

I've never had paper statements for any of my Nationwide accounts, so I wouldn't notice if they stopped.

No problem with my Flex Direct current account: the statement for that was generated last night as normal.
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,943 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I wonder if the lack of statements is deliberate (a change in frequency) or due to a problem.
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also missing recent statements for my NW savings accounts.
    Current account and credit card are still being statement-ed monthly.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • blue.peter
    Options
    Robbie64 said:

I wonder if the lack of statements is deliberate (a change in frequency) or due to a problem.

Yes, I was wondering the same. I can't say that I'm bothered enough to look into it actively, but I'd be interested in the answer if you do find out.
  • blue.peter
    Options
    PS - I've just noticed that no statement was produced for my Start To Save account in August 2023. The September statement included August's transaction as well as September's. So this isn't the first time there's been a hiccup in statement production.

I only started my Flex Regular Saver in October, so I can't tell whether it would have missed a statement in August as well.

And I forgot to mention yesterday that, like @QrizB, my credit card statement was generated as normal in January. As he/she/they say(s), missing statements do only seem to be an issue for savings accounts.
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 2 February at 11:15AM
    Options
    My last Flex Regular Saver Issue 2 statement was on 21st November 2023 despite having transactions each month since, so missing Dec 23 and Jan 24.

My last Instant Access Saver 10 statement was on 15th October 2023 having all statements from Jan 23 except Aug and Sep.

Edit: As it happens they asked if I was willing to complete a website customer satisfaction survey after I logged out, needless to say they didn't get many points (tbh any). I gave the reason and contact details, let's see if they come back to me.
  • billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not just me then, my last Start to Save statement was December and Regular Saver November and the same for Mrs Billn. I've never had paper statements for these accounts but I would like online statements.

It will be interesting to see if this carries on.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have you actually made any transactions on said accounts (not counting accruing annual interest) as if not then there is no reason to generate a statement every month. 

FlexDirect and possibly some of their savings accounts will only ever get PDFs on their online banking by default.
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    edited 30 April at 5:24PM
    Options
    Have you actually made any transactions on said accounts (not counting accruing annual interest) as if not then there is no reason to generate a statement every month.
    I can't speak for the other posters, but yes I have been making monthly payments to my Regular Saver but the most recent statement visible online is from November.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback