The Diary Of Onebrokelady Aged 60 And A Half

Options

Comments

• Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 2,999 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    lovely to hear from you again OBL. Hopefully as time passes you will miss B less and less. Do you have a nice photo of her? I often talk to the photo of my mum.....also I know the robin that comes in the garden is her.  They never go away, they are always just there in a different form
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,521

Mortgage 05/24 £16650 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £710.00

Challenges

EF #68  £130/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £95.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £14.55
    Christmas '24 £30 

Make £5 a day - May £109.85/£155            
    NSDs May 11/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Awww OBL - it's going to take some time to come to terms with your loss. The cats sound like they're giving you some comfort and hopefully by the time the autumn comes you will be able to take walks on the beach again and think of all the lovely times you've had there with B. 

I hope all goes well with the builder on Monday. 

Have a lovely Saturday. 
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can only imagine how it feels to be adjusting to not having B's company, but I really like that you've decided she must be somewhere. 
    It’s been difficult. I got through the first week by pretending she was on her bed in the living room and I just didn’t go in there. I wasn’t very well anyway so had lots of early nights. I’m now able to sit in the living room without getting upset 🙂
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    jwil said:
    I was the same with the cat, it's so weird when they are not there any more.  I still step around the top of the stairs in case she's there waiting to trip us up!  It takes a while to break those habits.

Hope you enjoy the sunny day today.
    Yep it’s ingrained in our brains, I hope you are doing ok now ❤️
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    lovely to hear from you again OBL. Hopefully as time passes you will miss B less and less. Do you have a nice photo of her? I often talk to the photo of my mum.....also I know the robin that comes in the garden is her.  They never go away, they are always just there in a different form
    I have a lovely photo of her on the living room window sill and I do speak to the photo if something is bothering me. She was my sounding board if I had things to think about. I’ve got two robins in my garden I like to think one is my sister so maybe the new one is B🙂
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Awww OBL - it's going to take some time to come to terms with your loss. The cats sound like they're giving you some comfort and hopefully by the time the autumn comes you will be able to take walks on the beach again and think of all the lovely times you've had there with B. 

I hope all goes well with the builder on Monday. 

Have a lovely Saturday. 
    The cats have been very cuddly and I think they wondered where she was the first week because they loved  to snuggle up with her in her bed if it was cold🙂 I’m hoping I’ll be ok to go to the beach by autumn. I’m expecting the first visit to be hard especially as it will be full of dogs but it will get easier as time goes on 🙂
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,445 Forumite
    Options
    jwil said:
    I was the same with the cat, it's so weird when they are not there any more.  I still step around the top of the stairs in case she's there waiting to trip us up!  It takes a while to break those habits.

Hope you enjoy the sunny day today.
    Yep it’s ingrained in our brains, I hope you are doing ok now ❤️
    Thank you, doing ok, still think about her a lot, but the hardest part has eased.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Cloth_of_Gold
    Cloth_of_Gold Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for posting again OBL - we've been worried about you. <3 It's very hard, I know, but it will get easier in time - you just have to be patient with yourself. Keep talking about her - my brother and I talk about our parents a lot and it helps. They are still alive in our hearts and always will be. :)
  • FreetodoasIlike
    FreetodoasIlike Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So sorry about your dog. I was the same with my 19 year old cat. She was afraid of her own shadow, a pain at times, and useless as a cat! She was even afraid of frogs and birds. But we loved her so much. 
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,632 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My heart goes out to you OBL. My dog is 12 now and I’m absolutely dreading losing her. I know I’ll be heartbroken. B will always be with you somehow. Please take care of yourself x
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure