The Diary Of Onebrokelady Aged 60 And A Half

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So sorry to hear your news.please take comfort that you had tried everything you could.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Cloth_of_Gold
    Cloth_of_Gold Posts: 918 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry to hear about B. You gave a great life though and did absolutely everything to keep her going for as long as you could, and you could not possibly have been more loving or caring. I hope that in time you can focus mainly on all the happy times you had together.
  • Muddy_Walker
    Muddy_Walker Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’ve only just caught up - so incredibly sorry to hear about B ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ it is truly heartbreaking and we feel dreadful when it happens but you were the best mum ever to her and she would never have forgotten that. Xxxxx
    Stay safe!Stay upright!And eat cake 🍰 😊 🏅⭐️ ⭐️⭐️💐
    2024: Will/PIP - started, submitted. Assessment done. Rejected, requested MR. Sigh…
    Sort pension - started, will add to DC - this is a minefield!!!
    Aim for walking 550 miles - 130.83
    Declutter 500 items - 126 done
    Books 59 read 😊 🏅⭐️
    NNB 💐
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thinking about you and sending my best 👋
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Having caught up with your posts, let me say how sorry I am to hear the sad news of little B. 😞. You must be heartbroken. Our pets are so special to us. Although I haven't had a dog of my own for some years, I am currently staying with my DD and love her two like my own so I know what you must be feeling. 
    Sending hugs. ❤️
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Me too....
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the lovely comments about B everyone ❤️ I m sorry I haven’t posted but I just didn’t feel like posting anything. I am slowly coming to terms with her not being here any more but it’s very strange. I spend all my time at home on my own so I used to speak to her constantly and it’s this that is catching me out. I just keep forgetting she isn’t here 😟but I’ve decided she must be somewhere so if I forget it doesn’t matter. 
    The  cats have been very cuddly so I still have the feel of someone fluffy to cuddle. It’s also amazing how your brain gets into a routine and then struggles when that routine stops. I took her out everyday twice a day for ten years and I still keep thinking need to take her out. I also didn’t realise how stressful the last few months have been and while I don’t feel relieved it’s over I do feel a lot calmer and I’m sleeping better because I’m not worrying about how she is or if I’m doing the right thing. Im now just waiting for her ashes to come back to the vets so I can pick them up.
    DD2 has been very upset but hopefully is coming to terms with it now. We went for a walk last weekend to a place where we took B and poor DD just cried when we got there. I suggested trying a different route but she wanted to carry on. I won’t be able to go to the beach I don’t think because that was Bs absolute favourite place ( mainly because of the sausage she knew she would get ) but maybe next year, its tourist season now luckily so I don’t go down there now until October.

I have been keeping myself busy though and this week seeing as we have had nice weather I’ve been doing my garden. The front l lawn is mowed and I’ve removed all the celandines that are now finished flowering. I don’t pull the roots out just the top growth because I like them. I’m going out tomorrow to see if the  Range have any decent shrubs that I can plant on the bank where the grass doesn’t grow. The back garden is in the middle of being tidied and I’ve chopped back lots of the hedging which had got straggly. I’ve left one bush because it’s got flowers on it which the bees like but once they have gone I will chop that back as well.

House wise not a lot has happened but I do have a builder coming to look at my kitchen floor for me on Monday so once that has been done I can put some new flooring down. I’m planning on finishing my bedroom if it rains next week then I can sort a new carpet and build my chest of drawers.

Work has been ok and I’m still loving my new work life balance. I was supposed to be working tomorrow but there were lots of us there so I asked for annual leave so I now have the day off. If it’s as hot as they say I’m going to strip the covers off my settee and get them washed so they can dry on the line 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I can only imagine how it feels to be adjusting to not having B's company, but I really like that you've decided she must be somewhere. 
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was the same with the cat, it's so weird when they are not there any more.  I still step around the top of the stairs in case she's there waiting to trip us up!  It takes a while to break those habits.

Hope you enjoy the sunny day today.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport