2024 - No Craft Spending - I WILL bust my stash and make pretty things!!!!!

Options
craftingmad
craftingmad Posts: 2,771 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 1 January at 1:27PM in Crafting
OK own up who has more crafty stash than they can fit in their house?
Are you like me and have piles of paper, wool, things to upcycle etc stashed all over your house?

2024 is new year ahead of us - another chance to stash bust and turn all our crafting supplies into pretty things  <3

I have put myself on a self imposed craft spending ban during 2024. 
As a total ban has not worked well for me in the past I have decided to set a budget of £300 for the year for me to treat myself to new supplies. I am not going to include in my budget buying adhesives or supplies for orders (for items which I already make - I have my own business on Etsy) as long as I have nothing left in my stash which I can use and I am allowing crafty storage as extra if really required and I don't have something already that can do the job as I figure being organised will help me see the stash I already have.

Other than that I hope to use only things from my stash and not get tempted by the new shiny objects which keep being released.

As I have failed miserably at my previous targets I may have to set the bar a little lower but always optimistic I am am going to start my target at 2024. 
This will be a mixture of cards, scrapbook pages, handmade items - in fact a real mixture of things as I'm sure I have all the supplies I need to make pretty much everything I can think of!

Would anybody care to join me?
The rules are simple - there are no hard and fast rules apart from what you want them to be. The aim is to use our crafty stash and stay within our crafty budget but of course if you do weaken and grow your stash just come in and confess your sins and you will be forgiven 

You can set your own target of how many items you would like to make using your stash or just a certain amount of time you want to not buy for. Whatever works for you is ok with me.

Happy crafting everyone  o:)

Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure