Prosperous & Creative Soul & MFW Year 3

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    8, 9, 10, 20 and 21 could the neighbours help for the price of beer?

13 it was compliant when built, therefore isn't urgent not does it have to be done.

Can't find the number relating to potentially screeding the floor. One of the girls in the saving diary section had to make a similar decision and was advised of a particular wood sheeting, fraction of the cost and fitted/ ready to walk on a lot quicker too.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If it was me I would be looking at that list & picking a shorter one from it.  I would then prioritise (as you have sorted the roof)  safety issues.  Like changing the locks cos you never know who has keys, windows & doors re drafts etc & other safety issues like trip or fall possibilities.  Anything else is a wish not a need & can wait for the money to become available.
  • LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That is a serious to do list!! Good you looking at worse case EF scenarios and from there building the next plan.

How interesting you can reread part of your life back to being in CC debt and married thru to now....
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 2,686 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    That's a really comprehensive to do list which I think helps you to stop the various things whirling through your head.

can you pick a few items and spread them out over the next 12 months and pay for them from income rather than savings?  I think you could do yourself a nice project plan for those jobs.  

How about putting your ideal EF into a ring-fenced savings account - not necessarily easy access but 6 months notice.  Any redundancy with consultation and notice wouldn't take less than 6 months and any long term ill health dismissal would take at least that long.  Then you could see your other savings separately and decide how to allocate the money against the to do list.

You've spent a lot on the roof which is an essential outside job but might not feel very gratifying so I wonder if you could do something inside the house next.  That way you would feel the joy of your spending each day.

• TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,530 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    hope you’re ok it’s good to take time out of social media so please do relax you’ve had so much going on. Enjoy that view the whole reason you moved. Take care 
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hope all is well SH.  I've PM'd you.

Fortune x

Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback