IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

A thread of Pictures of parking firm NTKs

Comments

• This shiny new version from this Autumn also states in small print at the bottom, for the first time, that the sum 'may' increase to £160.

Shame for them that the £70 add-on is not adequately 'prominently' stated here and it wasn't quantified on the signs, thus it comes too late to be part of the alleged contract.

The reverse is the same in both versions.
    I wonder if they've had time to change all the telephone numbers on their signs?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 November 2023 at 6:57PM
    National Parking Enforcement Ltd - NTK

POFA WORDED, keeper liability: 

Thanks to @jayy1m
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    MET Parking Services Non-POFA NTK from the thread by @raislander (thankyou):

• L3l3lee
    L3l3lee Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    @Coupon-mad see attached. 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    A misrepresentation of the possibility of PoFA applying to Hire Companies!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 February at 9:19PM
    Umkomaas said:
    A misrepresentation of the possibility of PoFA applying to Hire Companies!
    Well it does, but only if the NTK was POFA worded.  Which it isn't! Non-POFA. No attempt at Schedule 4 paragraph 8 or 9 wording.

Thanks to the OP:
    L3l3lee said:
    @Coupon-mad see attached. 

EDITED TO ADD, FEB 2024:

We also now have a CUP example of a purported Notice to Hirer in 2024. See below. Not capable of holding the hirer liable because there are no hire documents enclosed AND it arrived months after the event, far too late:.

'Non-POFA' attempt at a NTH:

• Coupon-mad
    edited 20 November 2023 at 8:26PM
    Euro Parking Services Ltd - IPC Operator

NTK is non POFA because the timeline for keeper liability is wrong.
    It wrongly tries to claim keeper liability on the 'day after the issue date'.  That's several days early.

Mentions vaguely 'further charges may be incurred' and 'up to £60' but this is buried in small print and certainly not the prominent wording 'in big' that extortionate added costs would require (quite apart from the fact they are unlikely to get them in court as they are made up).

HATE the horribly misleading threat to employability.  A NTK is not the place for such alarmist rubbish!

Thanks to Muffinman2k - please can you post the back here too?

• kiss_me_now9
    kiss_me_now9 Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 November 2023 at 9:07AM
    Parents received this yesterday from UK Parking Services/Scammers - (even more interesting as they were a customer in the customer car park, which only charges between 8pm and 6am!)
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Non PoFA NtK.  How can the 'Period of Parking' be that which is 'immediately preceding the Incident Date/Time above'?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Parents received this yesterday from UK Parking Services/Scammers - (even more interesting as they were a customer in the customer car park, which only charges between 8pm and 6am!)
    Thanks!

Non-POFA worded. No keeper liability.

DO NOT LET THE DRIVER APPEAL.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback