IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

A thread of Pictures of parking firm NTKs

Comments

• timpster
    timpster Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anyone got a recent PEye golden ticket?
    Will this do
  • 24.1b of the BPA CoP allows for £70 to be added when a Parking Charge becomes overdue. 

In the case of a windscreen Parking Charge, it is overdue once the 28 days from issue have elapsed; therefore, there is no reason why a NTK following a NTD can’t be sent out at £170.

Obvs does not apply to postal Parking Charges such as ANPR etc.
    Completely wrong. In law and in the CoP.

You wish, perhaps, assuming you post as a PPC employee or owner, as you do present yourself that way?

Not only does Schedule 4 of the POFA state as a matter of law that the maximum that can be recovered from the keeper is no more than the charges that stood on the day of the NTD, but the BPA stops this, too.

Operators (including DRAs doing back office NTK/appeals work as opposed to debt recovery) can't add anything before the NTK followed by the expiry of the two mandatory reminders/liability notices first.

I raise you the BPA CoP para 24.4:

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_Code_of_Practice_January_2020_v8(2).pdf

Given that the NTK is non-POFA, both 24.4 of the CoP and POFA are not relevant; therefore, the NTK is BPA compliant.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,215 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    24.1b of the BPA CoP allows for £70 to be added when a Parking Charge becomes overdue. 

In the case of a windscreen Parking Charge, it is overdue once the 28 days from issue have elapsed; therefore, there is no reason why a NTK following a NTD can’t be sent out at £170.

You wish, perhaps, assuming you post as a PPC employee or owner, as you do present yourself that way?

Not only does Schedule 4 of the POFA state as a matter of law that the maximum that can be recovered from the keeper is no more than the charges that stood on the day of the NTD, but the BPA stops this, too.

Operators (including DRAs doing back office NTK/appeals work as opposed to debt recovery) can't add anything before the NTK followed by the expiry of the two mandatory reminders/liability notices first.

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_Code_of_Practice_January_2020_v8(2).pdf

Given that the NTK is non-POFA, both 24.4 of the CoP and POFA are not relevant; therefore, the NTK is BPA compliant.
    It matters not if the NTK complies with the made up BPA "rules" or not. The BPA is not an authority.
    What matters is the law. The law is always relevant. The PoFA 2012 is the law. 
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake said:
    24.1b of the BPA CoP allows for £70 to be added when a Parking Charge becomes overdue. 

It matters not if the NTK complies with the made up BPA "rules" or not. The BPA is not an authority.
    POFA is not law, it is legislation that an Operator may or may not use; see para 4(6)
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,215 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Umkomaas said:

Fruitcake said:

POFA is not law, it is legislation that an Operator may or may not use; see para 4(6)
    So if the NtK is not PoFA compliant, why is it saying that the PPC has the right to recover from the registered keeper?  
    POFA is not law,
    If 'PoFA is not law', what is 'legislation' then? 

Skewered methinks!
    The UK Parliament website, various gov.uk websites, and the Cambridge online English dictionary all give much the same definition of the word legislation,

A law or set of laws suggested by government and made official by Parliament.

The PoFA 2012, being an Act of Parliament is therefore UK law because it is legislation suggested by the government at the time of its inception, and ratified by Parliament. Just because an unregulated outfit, referred to as rogues, scammers, and bloodsuckers by MPs in open parliamentary debate, decides not to implement the law does not mean the same law cannot be implemented by a motorist.

Any road up, that's not what this thread is about so I will not discuss this (off) topic further.

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake said:

How right you are. it amuses me that these foolish PPC's and their legals actually think the BPA CoP is the law, the fools quote it enough
  • my penalty charge
  • my penalty from apcoa?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport