My DRO application has been submitted now what.

Options
Hi Guys, 

I spoke with a caseworker at the CAB today as I had agreed to my DRO application being sent over to the insolvency office on the 25th Oct. I was told I would receive a call from them in a few days but I told her today I’m still waiting. She said that she could see there was a note on the system saying urgent, so I should hear from them soon. She told me they will make an appointment to speak to me then send me a barcode to pay the £90 fee. 
Can anyone please advise how long after your paperwork and form has been submitted should you hear from them. 
Also when they call will I need to answer loads of questions or need all my paper work ready to go  through with them. 
Any advice would be appreciated as I’m stressing, sorry. Thanks 😊 

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 November 2023 at 7:28PM
    Options
    From memory, once submitted, the full draught was sent to me within two weeks, along with the letter/barcode to pay the £90, once that was done, the DRO was granted, and I was informed about a week later.

I don`t know what current time scales are, as this was in 2016, there are certainly no questions and no one called me, all done by post, never spoke to the IS at all.

Your intermediary would not have submitted your application if they thought there was any chance of it failing.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Sweet_Treats
    Options
    @sourcrates

I was definitely told today someone will call me maybe my application is still at the DRO office awaiting my credit reports before they send out any paper work to me. I had already filled out a form they sent me via email that I had to check over and sign and date which I sent back before my caseworker called me on the 25th Oct. It had a list of all my debts and who they were with. 
    I may give them another call on Monday. 

Also because I am so near to hopefully getting my DRO should I carry on paying my council tax arrears? I have included the council tax arrears in my DRO. I’m thinking it’s pointless now paying it but don’t want the bailiffs at my door. 

Thank you for all your help. 
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 4 November 2023 at 6:20AM
    Options
    You shouldn't be paying debts in a dro. Even with a liability order* on council tax arrears it will take weeks to organise a bailiff.

Once the application is submitted it takes 2 working days to approve. Your intermediary won't submit it until the fee is paid, and will rely on you telling them that this has been done. You don't appear to have your barcode letter yet so maybe ask them to generate it. Takes seconds.

*You have got a liability order on the council tax?
  • Sweet_Treats
    Options
    @fatbelly

yes I have a liability order. The council put it on hold after it was issued to me back in Aug. They did that so I could see if I was getting all the benefits I was entitled to. They then sent me a letter with payments to be made on the 1st of every month starting September. I paid the September one because the lady at CAB who is dealing with my DRO told me to keep paying. However she told me to only pay what my usual monthly payment would be £136 instead of the £197 they were asking for. She also told me to pay my gas bill still monthly. Both are added into the DRO. 
    Thank you 
  • Sweet_Treats
    Options
    So after chasing what is happening with my DRO the CAB caseworker has sent me an email to say that the DRO Unit have my case and have also set themselves a task to get in touch due to the urgency of my case. His saying there is not a lot more information he can tell me other than what is on my case,
    I guess its just a case of waiting to hear from them now. Hopefully it will be soon. I am so stressed  :( I still have no paperwork or barcode but I do have my DRO Money to pay for it thank goodness.
  • fatbelly
    Options
    That'll be the CAB DRO Unit that's holding things up then.

When DROs started, the Insolvency Service set up a processing centre in Plymouth that they called DRO Unit.

Later, the CAB decided to have a group of intermediaries in, I think, Durham, that local offices could use if they didn't have an intermediary. They decided to call it DRO Unit. You can see the confusion it caused.

So the Insolvency Service changed the name of the central processing centre to DRO Team, but some people still forget the name has changed

It's a fine example of CA causing confusion where it wasn't necessary, just like their rebranding exercise changing CAB to CA and replacing a blue circle with a blue speech bubble

• Sweet_Treats
    Options
    @fatbelly

Thank you for explaining the reason why its taken so long. I am going to try and give them a call tomorrow but I wont be holding my breathe each time I try it just constantly rings. 
    Also do you know what will happen now? am I just waiting for paperwork to be sent to me to sign plus then pay the £90?
    Thank you.
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Yes, that's right
  • Sweet_Treats
    Options
    @fatbelly

Great. Many Thanks.
  • Sweet_Treats
    Options
    I am losing the will to live!
    I have spoken to the DRO Unit today. They are saying its the Stoke branch now that are dealing with my case, they gave me a number to call, called it its a dead line. So I called them back explained that the number they gave me is just a deadline, given another number, called that 4 times after listening to there music for 10mins or so I then get told sorry we are closed and cut off!
    So this week I have spoken to at least 5 different people and emailed and spoken to my caseworkers office 6 times this week and still none the wiser who actually has my case or who is dealing with it.
    I have just sent an email to the DRO Unit and my caseworkers office but not holding my breathe!
    Is it to early for a very strong drink or 2!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback