IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Ltd Parking Charge / DCB Legal Ltd Letter

2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    That's fine.  Get that signed, dated & emailed.

I ended up having my baby early.
    Congrats!  <3
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    No I don't think the misspelling matters.
  • LAston1
    LAston1 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 21 November 2023 at 12:33PM
    Good evening,

I have received the following two letters in the last couple of days (most recently today) - am I right in thinking these are the letters I am to ignore?

(Image removed by Forum Team)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    LAston1 said:
    Good evening,

I have received the following two letters in the last couple of days (most recently today) - am I right in thinking these are the letters I am to ignore?
    'Ignore' isn't the right word, but you do not have to do anything as a result of receiving those letters.
    File them and wait patiently for HMC&TS to send you a Directions Questionnaire to complete.
  • LAston1
    First Post
    good morning, I have just received the attached letter requesting I complete the "Directions Questionnaire". Can you confirm that this is the questionnaire you referred to earlier that I need to complete? 
  • Coupon-mad
    KeithP said:
    LAston1 said:
    Good evening,

'Ignore' isn't the right word, but you do not have to do anything as a result of receiving those letters.
    File them and wait patiently for HMC&TS to send you a Directions Questionnaire to complete.
    Keith told you this already (above) and so does the first 12 steps in the Template Defence thread.

The first 12 steps are there to stop posters having to ask us about basic forms or the first template letter/email from DCB.
  • LAston1
    First Post
    Hello, I have now received a letter with an appointment date for a phone mediation (in 2 weeks time). In the letter it states if I cannot answer yes to all three questions then I am to email scmreferrals@justice.gov.uk. Questions being: 

1: I am willing to negotiate on the amount of the claim and will consider a compromise.
    2: I have enough information about the claim to enter into negotiations and do not require any further evidence from the other party before starting mediation.
    3: I'm available for the entire time slot on the date of my appointment.

I don't feel that I can confidently answer "Yes" to the first two questions as I am not open to negotiating on the amount I am being charged as I don't feel like I should have been charged in the first place. But also, I am still not 100% on what I am being charged for as the letters I have received up until this point do not confirm any details of the reason for the charge.

What should I do next as the 12 steps only confirms that I should go ahead with a hearing? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Tick no and cancel it.

After the first 12 steps you are meant to remind yourself of what you first read in the NEWBIES thread 2nd post : the whole section headed in red capitals needs reading.
  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Like you so many people don't receive 1st and/or 2nd pcn but the £170 payment due letter often manages to drop through letter boxes.

PPCs always claim discounted rate/full rate pcns/court claim letters were sent as dated though they offer no evidence to prove this. Since they CHOOSE NOT to provide evidence of their posting we must continue to press gov to ensure they do and see it included in the new Parking CoP.
    Please sign/share @jmccabe petition closes 22nd june 2024.
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/652355
    Require communications from Private Parking companies to be traceable/trackable
    Thank you. Hope to see you name added to Umkomaas discontinuations thread
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure